Author Topic: Top US General Warns Britain's Shrinking Army Is 'Not What It Used to Be'  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top US General Warns Britain's Shrinking Army Is 'Not What It Used to Be'

TEHRAN (FNA)- A top US general warned that Britain's shrinking army is "not what it used to be" - as ministers have been urged to get a grip of the nation's military recruitment crisis.

New analysis revealed the army will have less than 70,000 soldiers within two years - with American and European generals questioning whether the UK is still a top-level fighting force, The Daily Mail reported.

If the army keeps seeing a decline in troops at its current rate, the number of regular soldiers will drop to 67,741 by 2026, according to figures compiled by The Times. This is a smaller number than the United States' special operations forces alone.

One former senior US general has said that while the UK was still seen as America's closest ally, it was also seen as "having diminished capabilities over the past couple of decades".

https://www.farsnews.ir/en/news/14021030000920/Tp-US-General-Warns-Briain
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In reality, why should they grow and improve when the US is always covering their asses? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson