Author Topic: 17 retired military officials raise alarm on Biden's electric vehicle push  (Read 270 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

17 retired military officials raise alarm on Biden's electric vehicle push
Story by Thomas Catenacci • 2d

FIRST ON FOX: A coalition of 17 retired military officials — including multiple one-, two-, and three-star officers — are raising the alarm on President Biden's aggressive electric vehicle (EV) push over its national security implications.

In a letter addressed to Biden and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Michael Regan, the officials led by retired U.S. Army Major General James Marks warned that the president's plans for mass EV proliferation will increase reliance on Chinese supply chains. They wrote that regulatory initiatives aimed at incentivizing EV adoption "intensify America’s vulnerability to political interference by the Chinese Communist Party."

"There is no doubt EVs will play a significant role in diversifying America’s transportation systems. Yet we believe your plans will rush our transition to EVs before the infrastructure necessary to support it is in place," the officials wrote. "This trajectory will only position the U.S. to become more reliant on China for critical minerals and manufacturing that are necessary for the rapid expansion of EV markets this administration envisions."

"And even more concerning is the fact that this reliance hinges upon China’s goodwill to export those minerals and manufactured goods to the U.S.," the letter continued. "This will undoubtedly open the U.S. up to economic manipulations by China, identical to what Russia is doing with Ukrainian grain exports, and a major threat to our national security. We do not believe now is the time for us to make ourselves vulnerable to such easy political pressures."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/17-retired-military-officials-raise-alarm-on-bidens-electric-vehicle-push/ar-AA1nbs0J
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wokeness has a higher priority than military power, after all.  It might also suggest Biden has no intention of replacing all the oil he took from the Stategic Petroleum Reserve. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

"It might also suggest Biden has no intention of replacing all the oil he took from the Stategic Petroleum Reserve."

It is my understanding that the Stategic Petroleum Reserve was poorly maintained and that the caverns have deteriorated so severely that it can't be refilled and used affectively anymore.