Author Topic: US special ops on the hunt for cutting edge sniper rifle to compete with Russia, China  (Read 214 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US special ops on the hunt for cutting edge sniper rifle to compete with Russia, China

© Provided by FOX News

The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) is in search of a new sniper rifle that would provide accuracy at record-shattering distances in a bid to keep up with the U.S. military's largest competitors.

In a notice posted to Sam.gov, a U.S. government website connecting private contractors to the federal government, the command posted its desire for a new "extreme long range-sniper rifle," which it hopes will be able to replace "older anti-materiel and anti-personnel rifles such as the M107 and MK15 with a newer system."

USSOCOM said in the notice that it is seeking a rifle with a "precision fire capability" of 2,500 meters, or 2,730 yards, a distance that could break existing confirmed kill records. According to a report from Military.com, the current longest confirmed sniper kill was set in 2002 by a Canadian Army sniper, Cpl. Rob Furlong, who used his country's military version of the TAC-50 to record a kill from 2,430 meters, or 2,657 yards.

When reached for comment by Fox News Digital, a USSCOM spokesperson confirmed the search for the new rifle while downplaying any issues with existing platforms.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/us-special-ops-on-the-hunt-for-cutting-edge-sniper-rifle-to-compete-with-russia-china/ar-AA1mU9i0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
What's wrong with the Barrett .50 rifles?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Best .50 BMG Sniper Rifles That SHOCKED The Whole World!

Survival Gear Dec 21, 2023 

➤ 7. MCMILLAN TAC 50
➤ 6. CADEX DEFENCE TREMOR 50
➤ 5. ARMALITE AR-50
➤ 4. ACURACY INTERNATIONAL AX-50
➤ 3. BARRETT M107A1
➤ 2. NOREEN ULR
➤ 1. SAFETY HARBOR SHTF 50
Hey guys, gather 'round for a ride into the world of sheer overcompensation and jaw-dropping firepower! Picture this: a world where the size of your gun directly correlates with the size of your... ego! We're diving into the realm of the "Best Powerful 50 BMG Sniper Rifles in the world" where subtlety takes a backseat and sheer force is the name of the game. Get ready to meet the real-life giants among rifles – the behemoths that make you wonder if they're compensating for something or just trying to say "hello" to the moon! Strap in for a hilarious journey through the land of big booms and even bigger guns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFMAkbQS_HU