Author Topic: “My Two Moms” Army recruiting ad MIA on YouTube in light of backlash, memes and recruiting drought  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“My Two Moms” Army recruiting ad MIA on YouTube in light of backlash, memes and recruiting drought
January 19, 2024

The Army has reportedly delisted videos from their “The Calling” ad campaign on YouTube, following massive public backlash, meme mockery and the campaign’s backfiring when it came to trying to recruit more Soldiers.

“The Calling” was a failed 2021 effort to court potential applicants from LGBTQ+ and minority communities, as the military began “soft purges” of its ranks due to perceived issues such as COVID vaccine refusals, “right wing extremism” and other hot topics for the then-incoming Biden Administration.

Unfortunately for the Army, the seemingly tone-deaf campaign not only failed to reach their targeted demographic, but it was almost universally mocked by netizens, politicians, meme-lords and pundits alike.

In what has been a backlash against “wokeness,” many have criticized the campaign in memes, claiming the Army was pandering to a demographic that doesn’t even provide that much of a numerical contribution to the Army’s ranks.

https://popularmilitary.com/my-two-moms-army-recruiting-ad-mia-on-youtube-in-light-of-backlash-memes-and-recruiting-drought/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The military isn't at heart a woke organization, huh? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
This didn't help either:

Biden’s Army Secretary Doesn’t Want 2nd Gen Military Recruits for Fear of a “Warrior Caste”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/bidens-army-secretary-doesnt-want-2nd-gen-military-recruits-for-fear-of-a-warrior-caste/

Army Secretary Christine Wormuth, who got her start as a Clinton intern, has a lot of thoughts on the military.

Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said she expects within weeks to begin drafting a proposal for a recruiting overhaul so sweeping that Congress might need to pass legislation to enact all of it.

Depending too much on military families could create a “warrior caste,” Wormuth said. Her plans seek to draw in people who have no real connection to the military and to broaden the appeal of service.

There are sixth and seventh-generation military families. There is a ‘warrior caste’ insofar as you have families who have fought for this country since the War of Independence. They showed up, they bled, and now they’re to be replaced by drag queens and identity politics quotas.

“The Army is strategically deploying recruiters to communities across the country based on demographics, ethnicity, race, and gender,” Wormuth had claimed in a written statement.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus