Author Topic: Trump’s Shadow Presidency Kills Deals for Hill Republicans  (Read 490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s Shadow Presidency Kills Deals for Hill Republicans
« on: January 20, 2024, 02:48:15 pm »
Trump’s Shadow Presidency Kills Deals for Hill Republicans
While Senate Republicans push for a 'once in a generation' immigration deal with Biden, House GOP fears Trump reprisals
Published 01/19/24 04:14 PM ET|Updated 11 hr ago
Warren Rojas, Nolan D. McCaskill and Lindsey McPherson

Making laws isn’t easy for congressional Republicans carrying water for their shadow president.

When Donald Trump spouts off directives from his social media platform, his acolytes on Capitol Hill typically hop to it. But for those negotiating a once-in-a-blue-moon bill tackling an issue that most Americans and both parties agree needs overhauling, the 2024 GOP frontrunner’s advice can be rather jarring.

“I think if we can make some progress, that we shouldn’t turn that down,” Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, a veteran GOP leader, told reporters after Trump tried to insert himself in bipartisan border talks that have stretched on for over a month.

Trump, in typical all-caps fashion, urged Republicans to reject any deal “unless we get EVERYTHING needed to shut down the INVASION of Millions & Millions of people, many from parts unknown, into our once great, but soon to be great again, Country!”

more
https://themessenger.com/politics/trumps-shadow-presidency-kills-deals-for-hill-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Re: Trump’s Shadow Presidency Kills Deals for Hill Republicans
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 05:46:42 pm »
Trump, in typical all-caps fashion, urged Republicans to reject any deal “unless we get EVERYTHING needed to shut down the INVASION of Millions & Millions of people, many from parts unknown, into our once great, but soon to be great again, Country!”

Donald Trump is COMPLETELY right about this!
ANY "bipartisan" deal that is made with the "Democrats" is,
as Ross Perot said,
like compromising with the punk who stole your hubcaps, letting him keep two of them.

Continuing the analogy,
the punk "Democrats" ALWAYS come back again and steal the other two as well!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 06:17:37 pm »

Donald Trump is COMPLETELY right about this!
ANY "bipartisan" deal that is made with the "Democrats" is,
as Ross Perot said,
like compromising with the punk who stole your hubcaps, letting him keep two of them.

Continuing the analogy,
the punk "Democrats" ALWAYS come back again and steal the other two as well!

Trump was more than willing to compromise with Democrats on immigration when he was President.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/09/us/politics/trump-daca-immigration.html

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 11:36:49 pm »
"While Senate Republicans push for a 'once in a generation' immigration deal with Biden..."

In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.

- AYN RAND

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 02:48:00 am »
ALWAYS THE REMINDERS, ANYTHING DEMOCRATS DO OR HAVE DONE.  TRUMP HAS TO BE JUST AS GUILTY.  However, anything Trump is guilty of, there is no false equivalency to be practiced, democrats and Biden get a pass.
The phony false practice blame casting still practiced here as well.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions