Author Topic: Democrats Promise to Bail out Speaker Johnson if He Backs Immigration Plot  (Read 327 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats Promise to Bail out Speaker Johnson if He Backs Immigration Plot

by SEAN MORAN 19 Jan 2024

House Democrats promised to bail out Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) if he were to do the “right thing” and help pass an immigration bill that would do little to combat the border crisis unfolding under President Joe Biden.

Johnson has said he opposes an immigration deal struck by Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) and Democrats.

Although he faces significant pressure from President Donald Trump and conservatives not to back the deal, Democrats are now offering to help him keep his speakership should he face a motion to vacate over his passing of the immigration bill.

Speaker Mike Johnson Doubles Down: No Deal on Border
Speaker Mike Johnson once again rejected a deal to fund Biden's continued border operations coupled with tens of billions in foreign aid.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/democrats-promise-bail-out-speaker-johnson-if-he-backs-immigration-plot-416223/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Never, ever, no way, under any circumstances, no how, in any way, should a democrat politician be trusted to be honest enough to follow through on political deals. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL!  They made the same promise to McCarthey!   :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

LOL!  They made the same promise to McCarthey!   :2popcorn:

Hell, they made a promise of tight border security in exchange for amnesty during the Reagan era

Do not trust any Democrat promises when it comes to the border. An open border greatly benefits them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hell, they made a promise of tight border security in exchange for amnesty during the Reagan era

Do not trust any Democrat promises when it comes to the border. An open border greatly benefits them

Yes!  @rangerrebew is correct.  Never, ever trust a Democrat...heck I don't trust the GOP either at this point.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: