Author Topic: Democratic Lawmaker Introduces Bill to Tear Down the Statue of Liberty Because Immigration or Someth  (Read 564 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democratic Lawmaker Introduces Bill to Tear Down the Statue of Liberty Because Immigration or Something
By Jeff Charles | 3:05 PM on January 18, 2024The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

In an odd display of political theater, a Democratic congressman concocted a rather silly way to protest immigration legislation introduced by House Republicans. During a hearing, he suggested tearing down the Statue of Liberty because those mean and evil Republicans hate foreigners.

Maxwell Frost’s statement came during a hearing on Wednesday.

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/01/18/democratic-lawmker-introduces-bill-to-tear-down-the-statue-of-liberty-because-immigration-or-somethig-n2168892
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You're not going to like this post.

I AGREE with Mr. Frost.

It IS time to consider dismantling the Statue of Liberty.
Tear it down and give it back to France.
We no longer have a need for its symbolism nor the lines by Lazarus upon its base.

America is "full up".
It's time to put out a PERMANENT "no vacancy" sign, with very few exceptions.

We don't need any more immigrants, particularly the poor coming here for free handouts.

Indeed, it's time to start DEPORTING many or most of those who have arrived in the last five years.

Send them back. I want America to "look more like" it did back around 1900.

I told you that you weren't going to like this post.

Offline roamer_1

You're not going to like this post.

I AGREE with Mr. Frost.

It IS time to consider dismantling the Statue of Liberty.
Tear it down and give it back to France.
We no longer have a need for its symbolism nor the lines by Lazarus upon its base.

America is "full up".
It's time to put out a PERMANENT "no vacancy" sign, with very few exceptions.

We don't need any more immigrants, particularly the poor coming here for free handouts.

Indeed, it's time to start DEPORTING many or most of those who have arrived in the last five years.

Send them back. I want America to "look more like" it did back around 1900.

I told you that you weren't going to like this post.

I will disagree, of course.
I have no problem whatsoever with real and proper immigration, with applicants willing to assimilate... Especially from other western civ countries.

The problem is illegal aliens, and without making that very bright distinction, we play right into the muddling on immigration that liberals have created.

Offline Hoodat

Cut off the "free handouts", and you will see a 98% reduction overnight.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Cut off the "free handouts", and you will see a 98% reduction overnight.
Yes, return to the old rules where immigrants had to be approved and have a financially responsible sponsor, and I mean legal immigrants because the illegal ones have no business here, are banned from apply for or receiving any government assistance(that includes their offspring) for a period of five years on penalty of deportation). My parents and lord knows how many other legal immigrants managed to not only survive, but prosper before the democrats started their vote insuring financial assistance bribery scheme.