Author Topic: Beware the SEC’s creation of ‘Natural Asset’ companies  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Beware the SEC’s creation of ‘Natural Asset’ companies
« on: January 20, 2024, 12:25:54 pm »
Beware the SEC’s creation of ‘Natural Asset’ companies
January 19th, 2024
By Margaret Byfield

To anyone who tracks the efforts of environmentalists, their policies often have an ulterior motive. They neither result in a better society nor do they produce better habitats. Their policy preferences also do not consider how using the land improves the land for man and wildlife. Instead, many environmentalists advocate for policies at the expense of farmers, miners, and others who create usable, tangible, societal benefits from the land. This often leaves observers to wonder: what are environmentalists really after?

The answer is power and money. It turns out, that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) are quietly working on a rule that may prove this ulterior motive.

On September 29, the SEC, at the request of the NYSE, proposed a rule that would create an entirely new type of company called a Natural Asset Company (NAC). NACs, according to the Proposed Rule, “hold the rights to ecological performance.” These companies would be given license to control lands, both public and private, and would be required not to conduct any “unsustainable activities, such as mining, that lead to the degradation of the ecosystems.”  In effect, this means that these companies would somehow seek to profit off the lands without using the lands. Whatever they do, it must be “sustainable.”

https://www.cfact.org/2024/01/19/beware-the-secs-creation-of-natural-asset-companies/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=beware-the-secs-creation-of-natural-asset-companies&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=beware-the-secs-creation-of-natural-asset-companies
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson