Author Topic: Biden finally admits border isn’t secure, believes ‘massive changes’ needed: ‘I’m ready to act’  (Read 309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden finally admits border isn’t secure, believes ‘massive changes’ needed: ‘I’m ready to act’
By Social Links for Steven Nelson
Published Jan. 19, 2024, 6:16 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — Tell us something we don’t know, Joe.

President Biden told reporters Friday that the US-Mexico border is not secure — contradicting Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas — after endorsing “massive changes” in immigration policy.

“No, it’s not,” Biden said when asked whether the frontier was secure following remarks to a bipartisan group of mayors in the White House East Room.

During his speech, the 81-year-old Biden said he hoped for Senate negotiators to announce a compromise next week on border policy as part of a broader $106 billion supplemental spending request that would also finance military aid for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan.

“I believe we need significant policy changes at the border, including changes in our asylum system to ensure that we have the authorities we need to control the border. I’m ready to act,” the president said.

“Now the question is for the [House] Speaker [Mike Johnson] and the House Republicans: Are they ready to act as well?” Biden added.

“They have to choose whether they want to solve a problem or keep weaponizing the issue to score political points against the president. I’m ready to solve the problem. I really am,” he added. “Massive changes, and I mean it sincerely.”

It’s unclear what asylum policy changes could be palatable to all three of the White House, Senate Democrats and House Republicans.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/01/19/news/biden-admits-border-isnt-secure-says-massive-changes-needed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Don't take the bait...

(but there are tens upon tens of MILLIONS of voters out there who will)

Offline Hoodat

I’m ready to solve the problem. I really am,” he added. “Massive changes, and I mean it sincerely.”

But it will have to wait because Biden is off to the beach again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

But it will have to wait because Biden is off to the beach again.

Of course. He's the biggest son of a beach ever to inhabit the White House.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Keep send those illegal migrant buses, trains, airplanes, boats, and zeppelins up North.

No money for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan until Border is secured.

Additional assylum applications should not be accepted until the current backlog gets caught up.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.