Author Topic: Uvalde Families Demand Law Enforcement Face Charges After Critical DOJ Report  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by  Mary Chastain Friday, January 19, 2024

“It is hard enough waking up every day and continuing to walk out on these streets, walk to a (grocery store) and see a cop who you know was standing there when our babies were murdered and bleeding out.”

Those who lost loved ones in the Robb Elementary school shooting renewed their calls that Uvalde law enforcement face charges after the DOJ exposed their failures.

“I’m very surprised that no one has ended up in prison,” said Velma Lisa Duran, whose sister Irma Garcia was one of the two teachers killed in the May 24, 2022, shooting. “It’s sort of a slap in the face that all we get is a review … we deserve justice.”

“We need our community,” said Brett Cross, who was raising his 10-year-old nephew, Uziyah Garcia, when the boy was killed in the shooting. “It is hard enough waking up every day and continuing to walk out on these streets, walk to a (grocery store) and see a cop who you know was standing there when our babies were murdered and bleeding out.”

As what happened has become clear, Jesse Rizo has been among those left looking for more accountability. Rizo, whose niece Jacklyn Cazares was among the shooting victims, still hopes [Uvalde County District Attorney Christina] Mitchell will bring charges, but he has little faith in those in power.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/01/uvalde-families-demand-law-enforcement-face-charges-after-critical-doj-report/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just have a change of personnel in the Department, it that will fix anything.

While certainly reprehensible and regrettable, the behaviour was not criminal.

Bringing them up on charges will bring no one back from the dead, will 'fix' nothing, and is only an act of misdirected vengeance
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Critical Incident Review: Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School | Introduction 1
Introduction

https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Critical-Incident-Review-Active-Shooter-at-Robb-Elementary-School-20240118-compressed.pdf

“Help!” “Help!” “Help!” “I don’t want to die. My teacher is dead.” “One

of my teachers is still alive but shot.” “Officer!” “Officer!” “Are they

[officers] in the building?” “There is a lot of dead bodies.”

These were the words of nine- and ten-year-old children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on
May 24, 2022, during a call with 911. At this point in time, these students and three teachers had been
trapped in classrooms 111 and 112 with an active shooter for 37 minutes. This call lasted for nearly 27
minutes. Even though law enforcement were in the hallway, just outside the classrooms, it was another
13 minutes after the call ended before law enforcement rescued the survivors. In fact, for 77 agonizing,
harrowing minutes, children and staff were trapped with an active shooter. They experienced
unimaginable horror. The survivors witnessed unspeakable violence and the death of classmates and
teachers. Tragically, 19 students and two teachers perished.