Author Topic: Defunding The Police: 15 Cities Slashing Their Law Enforcement Budgets  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Defunding The Police: 15 Cities Slashing Their Law Enforcement Budgets

In a sweeping wave of reform, cities across the United States are embarking on a transformation of law enforcement budgets, signaling a resounding call to defund the police. From Austin’s redirection of $150 million towards community initiatives to Minneapolis’s commitment to reimagine public safety with a $28 million reduction, the nation witnesses a dynamic shift in priorities.

These are the strategies employed by cities such as Los Angeles, New York, and Portland, navigating the intricate landscape of defunding the police while embracing diverse approaches to meet the evolving needs of their communities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/defunding-the-police-15-cities-slashing-their-law-enforcement-budgets/ss-AA1n96ec?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=13b4fb8704f749e786d4b536b685914d&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Defunding The Police: 15 Cities Slashing Their Law Enforcement Budgets
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 09:53:15 pm »
That's 15 cities I will never visit again. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson