Author Topic: Second London school accused of 'Islamophobia' could shut amid safety fears - after bomb hoax forced  (Read 187 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Second London school accused of 'Islamophobia' could shut amid safety fears - after bomb hoax forced another to close following 'prayer ban' outrage
Protests forced the school to shut two days early due to 'threats against staff'
By EMILY JANE DAVIES

PUBLISHED: 20:39 EST, 18 January 2024 | UPDATED: 20:39 EST, 18 January 2024

A primary school in London may be forced to close after receiving 'bomb threats' over Islamophobia accusations - after a different school closed early over bomb threats following a 'prayer ban' on the premises.

Barclay Primary School in Leyton, east London, told parents it might have to 'revert to online learning' because it received bomb threats over the headteachers decision to ban students from wearing pro-Palestinian badges.

The school was the site of protests in December after a viral TikTok video claimed an eight-year-old pupil was being bullied by teachers for being Palestinian.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12981279/Second-London-school-accused-Islamophobia-shut-amid-safety-fears-bomb-hoax-forced-close-following-prayer-ban-outrage.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson