Author Topic: House Democrat kicked out of committee hearing she crashed for sharing ‘communist propaganda’  (Read 420 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House Democrat kicked out of committee hearing she crashed for sharing ‘communist propaganda’
By
Eden Villalovas
January 19, 2024 8:59 am

Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL) kicked Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) out of a House committee hearing about relations between the United States and Cuba, accusing the California Democrat of spreading “communist propaganda.”

On Thursday, Lee attended a hearing of the Western Hemisphere Subcommittee of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, which she is not a member of, and tried to speak on restoring ties between the two countries. Salazar, a former journalist, has pushed for Cuba to stay on America’s list of countries sponsoring terrorism, citing the regime being repeatedly flagged for human rights violations.

“I was just kicked out of a House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee hearing on Cuba policy because the Republican Chair didn’t like my views,” Lee posted on X. “I’d share the livestream, but Republicans cut out the sound when I stood up to defend myself & call them out.”

Salazar wrote on X that she was within her rights to throw out Lee, accusing the House Democrat of spreading “communist propaganda.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2805843/house-democrat-kicked-out-committee-hearing-communist-propaganda/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 09:05:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL) kicked Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) out of a House committee hearing about relations between the United States and Cuba, accusing the California Democrat of spreading “communist propaganda.”

Yowsa!
Applause!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Lee attended a hearing of the Western Hemisphere Subcommittee of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, which she is not a member of...
Stay in your lane, Babs. She must have nothing else to do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org