Author Topic: Kelly Explains Why Trump May Choose This Running Mate Despite Objections From His Base  (Read 1772 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kelly Explains Why Trump May Choose This Running Mate Despite Objections From His Base
Leah Barkoukis

There are many names being floated as former President Donald Trump’s running mate, including the ever-loyal Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), whom he reportedly believes would be a “killer” pick. But Megyn Kelly named the possibility of another woman that could be chosen—one which would infuriate his base.

“Is it out of the realm of possibility that he chooses [Nikki] Haley? Absolutely not. It’s not. I realize that MAGA doesn’t want it. They’ve convinced themselves that Nikki Haley is against all the things that they stand for,” she told Dave Rubin.

Kelly argued he may have to just deal with the choice if he wants to win.

“He personally really must win if he doesn’t want to go to jail,” Kelly argued, predicting that if he loses he's going to jail for a long time. “If that’s your situation, I think you might be thinking, ‘MAGA is gonna get over Nikki Haley if I tell them to get over Nikki Haley.’ I know for a fact that's how Trump thinks."

What would the advantage be with pulling Haley on board? To Kelly, she would bring the moderates and independents, which Trump needs if he’s going to be victorious come November. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2024/01/19/megyn-kelly-on-trump-vp-pick-n2633862
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

What would the advantage be with pulling Haley on board? To Kelly, she would bring the moderates and independents, which Trump needs if he’s going to be victorious come November. 

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2024/01/19/megyn-kelly-on-trump-vp-pick-n2633862

@mystery-ak

Who says  Haley won't do the same? There are a lot of Republican women out there who would be thrilled to see any Republican female snag the VP running mate slot because of the breakthrough she would represent.

AND......,unlike the DNC,the RNC doesn't hang up signs saying "We hire  dummies!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@mystery-ak

Who says  Haley won't do the same? There are a lot of Republican women out there who would be thrilled to see any Republican female snag the VP running mate slot because of the breakthrough she would represent.

AND......,unlike the DNC,the RNC doesn't hang up signs saying "We hire  dummies!"

“He personally really must win if he doesn’t want to go to jail,” Kelly argued ... I think that is what truly his supporters need to realize.  Haley or not -- he needs to win.

Trump in the WH again?  That's just never going to happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“He personally really must win if he doesn’t want to go to jail,” Kelly argued ... I think that is what truly his supporters need to realize.  Haley or not -- he needs to win.

Trump in the WH again?  That's just never going to happen.

@libertybele

Still scared he will start a war?

Don't worry,you can always surrender.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Still scared he will start a war?

Don't worry,you can always surrender.

:thud:  When are you going to stop making such ridiculous assumptions @sneakypete ????

The one thing that you should be afraid of is if Trump either loses the nomination or the General election -- either way he's likely to do jail time.  Then what do you have?  All this hoopla and you turned away an opportunity for a true conservative to be seated in the WH. Instead DEMS will retain their stranglehold.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

If Trump chooses Haley as his running mate, Trump zealots will do a complete 180 and exclaim how brilliant Trump is for picking her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

If Trump chooses Haley as his running mate, Trump zealots will do a complete 180 and exclaim how brilliant Trump is for picking her.

Yep. Hell, he could pick a life long Democrat and they'd support it. No principles required. They are all in.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump will do what Trump will do.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yep. Hell, he could pick a life long Democrat and they'd support it. No principles required. They are all in.
Plenty of them like RFK Jr. already.

Offline roamer_1

Yep. He could choose Hillary friggin Clinton and all of a sudden she'd be transformed into their dear sainted mother... It's all so damn phony and shallow.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:thud:  When are you going to stop making such ridiculous assumptions @sneakypete ????

The one thing that you should be afraid of is if Trump either loses the nomination or the General election -- either way he's likely to do jail time.

@libertybele

WHY would I care about that? If he is not going to be the President,he,and anything that happens to him is irrelevant to me.

He IS the "lesser of two evils",and our only chance of stopping the destruction of America as a free and independent nation because of his ego. He wants to go down in the history  books as "the president that saved America,and he can't be bought or bribed. He has ONE shot at doing this,and knows it.

Then what do you have?

Either a whiny little backstabbing bitch posing as a man,or whatever evil POS the DNC runs.

All this hoopla and you turned away an opportunity for a true conservative to be seated in the WH.

DeSanctimonious is a "true conservative"?????

He is,AT BEST,the whiney little backstabbing bitch I mentioned above.

Tell me,WHO is is that the DNC is so desperately afraid of that they have filed a hundred criminal charges against in an effort to keep him from being able to run against their candidate?

Is is Trump,or the little fairy?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

Maybe some,but only a few. Most hate him with  a passion because he is not only rude,he is stinking filthy rich.

NOTHING compares to the zealotry of jealousy.

Chances are they will start dumping on Haley as being a "sell-out" to their "noble cause" of class warfare and hatred of the "idle rich".

Offline DB

@Hoodat

Maybe some,but only a few. Most hate him with  a passion because he is not only rude,he is stinking filthy rich.

Chances are they will start dumping on Haley as being a "sell-out" to their "noble cause" of class warfare and hatred of the "idle rich".

If you only knew how stupid you sound repeating this slander.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If you only knew how stupid you sound repeating this slander.

@DB

Only sounds stupid to members of the "Ah hates rude,rich,orange man!" cult.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Hoodat

Will you ever actually make an intelligent thoughtful response...or will you forever make asinine and insulting posts? I will never vote for Trump again, not because "he is not only rude,he is stinking filthy rich", but because he is a liar, disloyal, untrustworthy and no matter how savvy people think he is as a businessman, when it comes to the constitution and our system of government he is a moron and oh yeah his ability to 'hire only the best people'? IT SUCKS! Add to that his wishy washy attitude on the 2nd Amendment sends him to democrap territory. But you have every right to vote for him, as I have every right not to. The difference is that those of us who won't vote for him give actual reasons why in our arguments while you seem only to be able to debate with 'FEELINGS' and grade school taunts and insults **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@GtHawk

Blah,blah,blah.

Good thing that things will be SO much better under Biden or his clone if Trump loses,huh?

Yeah,what this country REALLY needs is to be a part of the upcoming "One World Government". Everything will be MUCH better then,huh?

Offline Hoodat

@sneakypete

So if Trump picks a GOPe darling like Pence Haley to be his VP, you would still vote for him?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

@GtHawk

Blah,blah,blah.

Good thing that things will be SO much better under Biden or his clone if Trump loses,huh?

Yeah,what this country REALLY needs is to be a part of the upcoming "One World Government". Everything will be MUCH better then,huh?

@sneakypete

Tumpy is not stopping that *AT ALL* ... In fact he AIDED it in his first term.

Meanwhile DeSantis, who has the chops to actually diminish government in Florida - ON THE RECORD - and go up against the woke liberals several real and meaningful times - ON THE RECORD - is denigrated.

DeSantis is fighting globalism tooth and nail, and the good results of that are right on the record.

So your take on things is not only bullshit, but hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 11:24:45 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

Maybe they hate DeSantis because he's not rich, not rude, not orange, and not a liberal.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

So if Trump picks a GOPe darling like Pence Haley to be his VP, you would still vote for him?

@Hoodat

So,you are NOT going to vote for him BECAUSE he MIGHT pick a running mate that you don't like?

Good thinking,Bubba!

BTW,I guess it never occurred to you that a VP is about as important as a WH janitor unless the President dies,and they MUST run for President and get voted into  office if they want to be President?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Tumpy is not stopping that *AT ALL* ... In fact he AIDED it in his first term.

Meanwhile DeSantis, who has the chops to actually diminish government in Florida - ON THE RECORD - and go up against the woke liberals several real and meaningful times - ON THE RECORD - is denigrated.

DeSantis is fighting globalism tooth and nail, and the good results of that are right on the record.

So your take on things is not only bullshit, but hilarious.

@roamer_1

@roamer_1

What the HELL does that POS have to do with anything? He is NOT going to be the Republican nominee in the upcoming election.

Why not post something like "If fish  had wings,they would fly to the moon!"?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 11:30:14 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe they hate DeSantis because he's not rich, not rude, not orange, and not a liberal.

@Hoodat

Well,he does NOT seem to be rich,which is probably one of the major "reasons" all 100 or so of his supporters love him.

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat

Well,he does NOT seem to be rich,which is probably one of the major "reasons" all 100 or so of his supporters love him.

Every one of his supporters on this forum have explained exactly why we support him.  It is because he isn't a liberal like Trump.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

Blah,blah,blah.

It sure as hell won't be worse than under a lame duck Trump with the democrats holding both houses of congress which is all but guaranteed with a Trump win. Telll me again about all the great things that Trump accomplished in his first term that lasted even one day after a democrat took the Oval, oh wait you can't! I'm sorry I was wrong, all the insane spending by Pelosi et al that Trump signed off on without flinching, that lasted and he is promising more of the same in a second term? Nope, I won't join you in enabling shit show two.