Author Topic: Flight testing of the B-21 Raider at Edwards Air Force Base in California is now underway.  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-21 Raider Flight Testing Now Underway
The first B-21 is now flying test sorties from Edwards Air Force Base, where it arrived after its maiden flight late last year.

BY
HOWARD ALTMAN, JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED JAN 17, 2024 6:29 PM EST
Flight testing of the B-21 Raider at Edwards Air Force Base in California is now underway.

JOSEPH TREVITHICK

The U.S. Air Force's first B-21 Raider stealth bomber is now conducting test flights from Edwards Air Force Base in California. This marks an important step forward in the development of this highly advanced aircraft, which just flew for the first time last November.

An Air Force official confirmed to The War Zone that the initial B-21, one of six pre-production examples the service plans to acquire, flew a sortie from Edwards today. That same individual said that this was not the aircraft's first flight from that base, but declined to say when that milestone was reached or how many times it has flown in total. The bomber, which is nicknamed Cerberus, first arrived at Edwards at the conclusion its maiden flight from Northrop Grumman's facilities at the Air Force's Plant 42 in Palmdale, California on November 10, 2023.

The USAF, and Edwards AFB in particular, have been very tight lipped about any B-21 activities, including the aircraft's arrival there that went without any public fanfare.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/b-21-raider-flight-testing-now-underway
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson