Author Topic: Washington Democrats Want To Make Armed Self-Defense Illegal At Dangerous Bus Stops  (Read 278 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Washington Democrats Want To Make Armed Self-Defense Illegal At Dangerous Bus Stops

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, JAN 18, 2024 - 09:20 PM
While violent criminals in Seattle have no compunction about carrying weapons wherever they go, Washington Democrats want to strip law abiding citizens of the ability to match force in self-defense in various public places.

As journalist Jason Rantz notes;

Their newest bill bans weapons, including legally purchased guns and knives, at bus stops and transit centers.

SB 5444 isn’t just an overreach; it’s a direct attack on law-abiding citizens. And it disproportionately affects those demographics the Democrats always claim to champion. The irony is as thick as it is infuriating.

While current law prohibits weapons in courtrooms, bars, and other restricted areas, the new bill adds several new categories of prohibited areas, such as public libraries, zoos, aquariums, parks, community centers, and other public buildings - which emboldened criminals will promptly ignore as they prey on victims.

The bill prohibits full-time mass transit users from carrying weapons for self-defense, depriving low-income residents of their right to bear arms.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/washington-democrats-want-make-armed-self-defense-illegal-dangerous-bus-stops
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Couldn't all bus stops be considered "dangerous" and make this a tacit attack on the 2nd Amendment?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You get what you vote for.
The Republic is lost.