Author Topic: Biden adds to his 'Bidenomics' flop: This new rule throws wrench in popular gig economy.  (Read 807 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden adds to his 'Bidenomics' flop: This new rule throws wrench in popular gig economy.
Opinion by Ingrid Jacques, USA TODAY
 •
1h

There’s a good reason that Democrats want President Joe Biden to keep harping on how Republicans and Donald Trump are a supposed threat to democracy: They know that his attempts to sell “Bidenomics” are a complete failure.

Just look at Biden’s continually sinking job approval rating, which one recent poll pegged at 33% – not a stellar number for someone who wants to get reelected.

Americans continue to feel the blow of yearslong high inflation and a post-COVID economy. And Biden’s policies have made that situation worse, despite his best attempts to convince you otherwise.

Take his latest idea.

Biden began the year with a new Department of Labor rule that will undermine the gig economy that independent contractors and freelancers rely on to support themselves and their families. More than 70 million Americans enjoy this kind of work, according to the American Action Forum, a center-right policy institute.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/biden-adds-to-his-bidenomics-flop-this-new-rule-throws-wrench-in-popular-gig-economy/ar-BB1gVYEm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4bb5fe5063f948c79a90f13a37e6d10f&ei=59
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson