Author Topic: Georgia judge in Trump case orders hearing into allegations of Fulton County DA's misconduct  (Read 681 times)

Online Hoodat

Georgia judge in Trump case orders hearing into allegations of Fulton County DA's misconduct

Madeleine Hubbard  |  January 18, 2024  |  1:16pm

The Georgia judge overseeing the state election charges against former President Donald Trump has ordered a hearing into allegations that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and the lead prosecutor in the case were involved in an improper relationship and mishandled taxpayer dollars.

Georgia Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee scheduled the hearing for Feb. 15 and ordered Willis to respond to the allegations in writing by Feb. 2, according to The Washington Post, after Trump co-defendant Mike Roman made the accusations in a court filing earlier this month.

Willis is also facing calls to resign, a criminal referral filed with the state and a House Judiciary Committee probe into her alleged conduct. Willis' alleged lover, special prosecutor Nathan Wade, is also under investigation by the House.  .  .  .

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/georgia-judge-trump-case-orders-hearing-allegations-fulton-county-das

Keep in mind that it was Mike Roman's lawyer that uncovered this, not Trump's legal team.  Maybe if Trump had hired some competent courtroom lawyers instead of a bunch of ass-kissers with law degrees, he wouldn't be in such trouble.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain Thursday, January 18, 2024

Michael Roman, Trump’s co-defendant, accused Willis and special prosecutor Nathan Wade of having an improper relationship and misusing funds.

Fulton County, GA, District Attorney Fani Willis has a hearing over allegations of an improper relationship with Nathan Wade, her lead prosecutor.

Willis charged former President Donald Trump with interfering with the 2020 election.

Willis hired Wade to prosecute Trump

Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee, the judge overseeing the case, scheduled a hearing on February 15.

McAfee also ordered Willis to have a written response for the court by February 2.

Michael Roman, Trump’s co-defendant, accused Willis and Wade of an improper relationship while Wade was still married to his wife and before Willis hired him as a special prosecutor.

At the time of his hiring, Wade didn’t have much prosecutorial experience regarding criminal cases.

Roman claimed “that the entire prosecution is invalid and unconstitutional because the Fulton County district attorney never had legal authority to appoint the special prosecutor, who assisted in obtaining both grand jury indictments.”

The complaint continued:

As a result, both indictments contain structural errors and irreparable defects and should be dismissed in their entirety as to Mr. Roman. Mr. Roman also moves the Court for an order disqualifying the district attorney, her office, and the special prosecutor from further prosecuting the instant matter on the grounds that the district attorney and the special prosecutor have been engaged in an improper, clandestine personal relationship during the pendency of this case, which has resulted in the special prosecutor, and, in turn, the district attorney, profiting significantly from this prosecution at the expense of the taxpayers.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/01/trump-georgia-case-judge-schedules-hearing-on-d-a-fani-willis-misconduct-allegations/

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Techno Fog
@Techno_Fog
Fulton County DA and Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade admit to a "personal relationship"
It started in 2022 - long before Trump's 2023 indictment.
The travel paid by Wade? It was from "personal funds" - not the ~$700K he was paid by Fulton County. lol.

1:38 PM · Feb 2, 2024

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1753484252409467068
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org