Author Topic: What is the farthest a rookie QB has gone in the NFL Playoffs?  (Read 607 times)

Offline corbe

What is the farthest a rookie QB has gone in the NFL Playoffs?
« on: January 19, 2024, 02:51:12 am »
What is the farthest a rookie QB has gone in the NFL Playoffs?

C.J. Stroud and the Houston Texans have shocked the NFL world, but how far can DeMeco Ryans take the Texans? Here's a look at how rookie quarterbacks have fared in the NFL playoffs.

By Kinnu Singh | 8:23 PM EST

At the professional level, NFL offenses place a significant burden on the quarterback's shoulders. That has always been a major factor in the difficulty of scouting the quarterback position. Star college quarterbacks have trouble making the transition to the professional level not just because the opponents are bigger and faster, but so are the playbooks and games.

Even the league's greatest quarterbacks need time to develop. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers spent the earliest parts of their careers on the bench. Peyton Manning, who was thrust into the starting role as a young prodigy, threw 28 interceptions in his rookie season.

Young quarterbacks typically need time to adjust to the speed and complexity of the NFL. That's what makes Houston Texans' rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud so impressive.

Houston's 45-14 postseason victory was the latest sign of the team's remarkable turnaround under the tutelage of first-year head coach DeMeco Ryans. Just a year after finishing with a 3-13-1 record, the Texans went from irrelevancy to championship contenders in just one offseason.

<..snip..>

https://fansided.com/posts/what-is-the-farthest-a-rookie-qb-has-gone-in-the-nfl-playoffs-01hmf7qfzpsg?utm_source=RSS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What is the farthest a rookie QB has gone in the NFL Playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 04:39:20 am »
I am rooting for the kid too.  Houston hasn't had a "franchise type" QB since Warren Moon in the old Oilers days.   If this start of his career is indicitive of things to come, he might have a bright future. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Re: What is the farthest a rookie QB has gone in the NFL Playoffs?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 01:59:35 pm »
I'm pulling for the Texan's, which is likely the kiss of death for them.  I'm just amazed to see Stroud share his faith like he does.  The kid has had a rough life raised by his mom with his dad in prison.  Hats off to him.
He seems like a good kid - it's hard not to root for him. Of course, with my hometown Steelers being knocked out early - again - I may as well hope the Texans get to the Super Bowl.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org