Author Topic: Trump posts all-caps rant telling people they 'JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH' presidents who 'CROSS THE LIN  (Read 846 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-posts-caps-rant-telling-155212209.html

Donald Trump is once again claiming that presidents should have total immunity from any crimes they commit while in office — this time, with an all-caps rant posted to Truth Social.

And he says that people need to just accept it.

"A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE FULL IMMUNITY, WITHOUT WHICH IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM/HER TO PROPERLY FUNCTION," Trump wrote on his social-media platform in the early hours of Thursday morning. "ANY MISTAKE, EVEN IF WELL INTENDED, WOULD BE MET WITH ALMOST CERTAIN INDICTMENT BY THE OPPOSING PARTY AT TERM END.

"EVEN EVENTS THAT 'CROSS THE LINE' MUST FALL UNDER TOTAL IMMUNITY, OR IT WILL BE YEARS OF TRAUMA TRYING TO DETERMINE GOOD FROM BAD," he continued.

Trump compared his situation — he's facing more than 90 felony charges across four criminal cases — to the debate around police misconduct, saying guarding against the "OCCASIONAL 'ROGUE COP' OR 'BAD APPLE'" isn't worth it.

"SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH 'GREAT BUT SLIGHTLY IMPERFECT,'" he added.

EXCERPT

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111775654904742269
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

So basically, Trump is letting Joe Biden off the hook for selling out this country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Big smiles tonight at DNC headquarters

He’s the gift that keeps on giving…to them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

More proof that it's about 'Trump' the Brand, and not the Country.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

More proof that it's about 'Trump' the Brand, and not the Country.

I’m interested to see if his most dedicated of supporters here agree with him on this?

If history is any guide, they’ll either ignore it, excuse and or justify it, or blame others for bringing it up
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:58:44 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Big smiles tonight at DNC headquarters

He’s the gift that keeps on giving…to them

Not true.  He still hasn't shot anyone on 5th av.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

He may prove your theory yet @Wingnut The (re)Trial in the Jean Carroll case isn't over yet.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Great but slightly imperfect?

He must be talking about Reagan.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline cato potatoe

Donald wants us to overlook rogue cops.  That should play well after the next police controversy.

I've noticed over the past few months how the US media have refrained from plastering his geriatric rants.  This, coupled with a string of hit pieces on Haley and DeSantis, along with the pro-Trump general election polling data.  Wonder why they're doing that.   :pondering:

Offline LMAO

Imagine the outcry amongst the MAGAs if Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden said a similar thing

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

Imagine the outcry amongst the MAGAs if Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden said a similar thing
Yep.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Donald wants us to overlook rogue cops.  That should play well after the next police controversy.

I've noticed over the past few months how the US media have refrained from plastering his geriatric rants.  This, coupled with a string of hit pieces on Haley and DeSantis, along with the pro-Trump general election polling data.  Wonder why they're doing that.   :pondering:

Well, MSNBC covered his statement, but their audience wouldn’t vote for Trump if you paid them

The tactic is obvious. We saw the same thing in 2022 when Republican candidates  polling better than their Democrat counterparts to the point that it look like a massive red wave was on the way

Then the Democrats unloaded as it got closer to the election, and that red wave turned into a red drip

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

I’m interested to see if his most dedicated of supporters here agree with him on this?

If history is any guide, they’ll either ignore it, excuse and or justify it, or blame others for bringing it up

Option 1.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Option 1.

Option one is how it normally starts. When pressed, it goes to option number three and they tell you that how “unserious” you are and you’re not willing to stand up for America

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, Joe Biden can ship Tangerine Mussolini to a gulag on the North Slope of Alaska?  What is Biden waiting for?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I actually think he's right in terms of Presidential actions, or you could end up potential criminalizing policy decisions.  So for example, suppose it wasn't a political rival but some foreign leader who was killed, and some prosecutor somewhere decides to prosecute the President for murder?  There has to be absolute immunity for official acts unless there is first an impeachment and removal from office.

But the all caps thing....I'm just sick of his sixth-grader mindset and behavior.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

He's not thinking clearly about the cops.
The reality is NOT "all cops are good" or "all cops are bad."
Most officers DO try to do their jobs right.
But we need to always weed out the bad ones.

Why are the media picking on Haley and DeSantis more than Trump?
Their strategy might be to get Trump nominated,
because they think they can then get him disqualified.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao