Author Topic: DOJ Finds ‘Cascading Failures of Leadership’ in Uvalde Police Response to Robb Elementary Shooting  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ Finds ‘Cascading Failures of Leadership’ in Uvalde Police Response to Robb Elementary Shooting

AWR Hawkins 18 Jan 2024

A report released Thursday by President Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ) cited “cascading failures of leadership” in the Uvalde police response to the May 24, 2022, shooting at Robb Elementary School.

The Texas Tribune noted that the Uvalde attacker legally purchased two rifles just days before the shooting. He used one of the rifles during the attack, killing 19 children and two adults.

On January 18, the New York Times reported the DOJ found the Uvalde police response was not up to par, with the “most significant failure” being the decision to treat the incident as a barricade situation instead of an active shooter situation.

The Washington Post quoted Attorney General Merrick Garland commenting on the DOJ report, saying, “The report concludes that had law enforcement agencies followed generally accepted practices in an active shooter situation and gone right after the shooter to stop him, lives would have been saved and people would have survived.”

more w/video
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2024/01/18/doj-finds-cascading-failures-leadership-uvalde-police-response-robb-elementary-shooting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

I held out hope in the beginning that the media was hanging the Uvalde police out to dry. It was hard for me to accept that wasn't the case. It still is. Why go into the profession if you aren't able to do such an important job?

This whole thing is just tragic.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I held out hope in the beginning that the media was hanging the Uvalde police out to dry. It was hard for me to accept that wasn't the case. It still is. Why go into the profession if you aren't able to do such an important job?

This whole thing is just tragic.

Not just for those shot, but for the ones who did not go in. Were they afraid to lose their jobs for going in against orders? Were they just afraid? Either way, they will be regarded as either incompetent or cowards, neither of which lets one hold their head high in a demanding profession.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis