Author Topic: This toy cleaning product is going viral — why some moms are against it  (Read 823 times)

Online libertybele

I think it's a brilliant idea.  Have your kids help clean your house while having some fun.  :silly:

This toy cleaning product is going viral — why some moms are against it

This seemingly helpful toy is collecting some drama.

Arin Solange, a TikToker who reviews Amazon products, went viral this month by sharing the newest product that’s keeping her kids entertained as they help clean the house.

The Kids Clean Car allows children 2 to 8 years old (or adults, as Solange demonstrated) to clean the floors as they have fun riding around their house on the electric scooter.

“Working smarter not harder with this mom hack,” Solange captioned the TikTok that amassed over 3.4 million views in just 10 days.

In the viral video, the mother of four shows her son and herself riding around on the scooter as the front attachment sweeper-mop collects dirt and dust.

The portable go-kart also comes with a blue light feature, which supposedly kills bacteria, and can be modified to be used outside.

Other recent videos of the cleaning product/toy show children happily riding around the house as they leave a clean trail behind them.

“The boys had so much fun on their new Go-Karts!! How cool that it can clean the floor as you drive around!” Logan’s World Channel, a popular account that reviews children’s toys, captioned an Instagram video of two elementary-aged boys excitedly scooting around.

However, the $200 price tag stunned some moms — while others worried about the safety of the go-kart as they reportedly go up
to 5 miles an hour with no seatbelt or encasement. ...............

https://nypost.com/2024/01/16/lifestyle/kids-clean-car-is-going-viral-why-some-moms-are-against-it/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

I heard about it this morning on my way to PT and burst out laughing. Then I came home and looked up the news story.

My only question is, how are you going to get the whole floor clean?  I'm imagining a kid on a scooter having a blast doing circles, zig zags, racing around, etc .... no clear cleaning path and you'd wind up with a streaked floor.  :laugh:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The nattering nanny state will make this the New Corvair: Unsafe at any speed. CPSC with support from the NTSB will mandate HEPA-filters, seatbelts and airbags and a crash test certification.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

The nattering nanny state will make this the New Corvair: Unsafe at any speed. CPSC with support from the NTSB will mandate HEPA-filters, seatbelts and airbags and a crash test certification.
:laugh:  A definite probability.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Germ killing UV with no shielding or optical protection? Better move those lights underneath, and put them in the back...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Germ killing UV with no shielding or optical protection? Better move those lights underneath, and put them in the back...

:laugh:   It's amazing that we survived playing outside in the sun without sunglasses or sunscreen for hours. Germs? Heck we drank from the hose outside when we were thirsty and played in mud puddles too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:laugh:   It's amazing that we survived playing outside in the sun without sunglasses or sunscreen for hours. Germs? Heck we drank from the hose outside when we were thirsty and played in mud puddles too.
But we were told not to stare into the sun, too. That light is right up front, where the kids will be looking when they drive.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

UVC strong enough to kill bacteria quickly causes eye and skin damage.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't look directly at a total solar eclipse and then play lawn jarts.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This has so many negatives, I am compelled to wonder what the heck they were thinking?  My first criticism out of the box is they aren't saving the adults any work, because the kids won't get the corners where the mopping is really needed.

And I agree the UV light is dangerous to the eyes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

This has so many negatives, I am compelled to wonder what the heck they were thinking?  My first criticism out of the box is they aren't saving the adults any work, because the kids won't get the corners where the mopping is really needed.

I still think it's a great idea -- cleaning while having fun. That's a great lesson.  As far as UV lighting, take it off period. The anti-bacterial aspect of it is overkill.  Mop the darn floors -- time for "Swiffer" to step in and make a giant Swiffer mop head.  :laugh:

Ok-- so it doesn't get the corners -- Mom or Dad can still tackle that or have the kids corner clean with a dust rag or wet rag. Briber them with some candy -- ice cream will work too. Or promise them a trip to an ice cream shoppe once in awhile.  Problem solved.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I still think it's a great idea -- cleaning while having fun. That's a great lesson.  As far as UV lighting, take it off period. The anti-bacterial aspect of it is overkill.  Mop the darn floors -- time for "Swiffer" to step in and make a giant Swiffer mop head.  :laugh:

Ok-- so it doesn't get the corners -- Mom or Dad can still tackle that or have the kids corner clean with a dust rag or wet rag. Briber them with some candy -- ice cream will work too. Or promise them a trip to an ice cream shoppe once in awhile.  Problem solved.

Threatening them with a beating probably won't work..../s
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
$200 is a bit steep no?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

Damn @Cyber Liberty  you went full curmudgeon dude.  Let em ride the power wheels version of a rumba!

Offline berdie

This reminds me of being a kid when a paste wax was put on linoleum floors. We'd put on socks and scoot our feet across the floor to remove the wax. We were assured it was FUN! and so we thought it was.  :silly: Kids were dumber back then.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Best cleaning product in the universe- Roomba with  a kitten on it.

@Cyber Liberty
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Damn @Cyber Liberty  you went full curmudgeon dude.  Let em ride the power wheels version of a rumba!

Yes, Siam.

Best cleaning product in the universe- Roomba with  a kitten on it.

@Cyber Liberty

I love those vids.  My catz would run like heck.
I will NOT comply.