Author Topic: Air Force says it stopped anti-ship cruise missile fired at US Navy ship but Houthi rebels claim it  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force says it stopped anti-ship cruise missile fired at US Navy ship but Houthi rebels claim it was a “direct hit”

FEATUREDWIB SEA January 16, 2024 Staff Writer

Washington — The US military said another missile fired by the Houthi rebels based in Yemen was intercepted in the south of the Red Sea.

The rebels had fired the anti-ship cruise missile towards a US Navy destroyer around 4:45 pm (1345 GMT) on Sunday, the US military’s regional command announced in the early hours of Monday on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter.

The missile was intercepted by the US Air Force near the Yemeni coastal city of al Hudaida. There were no reports of casualties or damage.

Since the outbreak of the Gaza war between Israel and the Islamist militant organization Hamas, Iran-backed Houthi rebels have repeatedly attacked ships with an alleged Israeli connection in the Red Sea.

https://warisboring.com/air-force-says-it-stopped-anti-ship-cruise-missile-fired-at-us-navy-ship-but-houthi-rebels-claim-it-was-a-direct-hit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In a situation like this, Arabs would claim they hit a speck of dust on flea's ass if they thought it would reverse the reality. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, the Houthis are taking credit for firing a missile upon an American warship?

... sounds like a good excuse for B-52's and B-1B Lancers to do some target practice over Yemen.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.