Author Topic: ‘Why Are You Laughing?’: GOP Rep Spars With Immigration Witness Over Whether Fraudulent Migrant Fami  (Read 147 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Why Are You Laughing?’: GOP Rep Spars With Immigration Witness Over Whether Fraudulent Migrant Families Cross Border

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
January 17, 2024

Republican Florida Rep. Anna Paulina Luna criticized an immigration expert testifying before the House Oversight Committee Wednesday over whether children are trafficked into the U.S. by people falsely claiming to be their parents.

Paulina Luna played a video showing a man who had crossed the border illegally with two children, saying his wife abandoned them while questioning David Bier, associate director of immigration studies at the Cato Institute. A federal pilot program previously found that 16 out of 84 families were “fraudulent,” while a separate program reported that 79 out of 522 migrant families were fraudulent. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Here’s How Turkish Smugglers Use Social Media To Help ‘Citizens Of Every Country’ Reach The US Border)

Bier testified as part of a hearing titled “The Biden Administration’s Regulatory and Policymaking Efforts to Undermine U.S. Immigration Law.”

WATCH:

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/17/gop-rep-spars-immigration-witness-over-whether-fraudulent-migrant-families-cross-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson