Author Topic: Industrial Wind vs. Deep Ecology: Surface Impacts  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Industrial Wind vs. Deep Ecology: Surface Impacts
« on: January 18, 2024, 11:48:15 am »
Industrial Wind vs. Deep Ecology: Surface Impacts
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- January 16, 2024

“Our results from a large sample of wind farms revealed significant local warming effects at night, insignificant impacts during the daytime, and the mostly negative impacts on vegetation.” (Yingzuo Qin et al., Environmental Research Letters, 2022)

Deep Ecology is a philosophy that puts nature on an equal footing with humankind. It speaks in religious tones to its broad congregation of partial and total believers. “The froth and frenzy of industrial civilization mask our deep loneliness for that communion with the world that can lift our spirits and fill our senses with the richness and immediacy of life itself,” Al Gore stated in Earth in the Balance (1992), calling for “bold and unequivocal” global action where “the rescue of the environment” is “the central organizing principle for civilization.”

Applied to the Church of Climate, the often unstated assumptions are:

The human influence on climate is pronounced and controlling

That influence cannot be positive or benign, only problematic-catastrophic

Global governance can and must solve this problem

https://www.masterresource.org/wind-power-vs-environment/industrial-wind-surface-impacts-2022-study/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson