Author Topic: Fed’s first multi-site offshore wind EIS is ridiculous  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fed’s first multi-site offshore wind EIS is ridiculous
« on: January 18, 2024, 11:39:58 am »
Fed’s first multi-site offshore wind EIS is ridiculous
January 16th, 2024

After numerous requests going back several years, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has finally published a draft Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for a combination of coming offshore wind projects. Comments are due by February 27.

See here for details and documents.

In his case, the EIS is for a cluster of six big projects in what is called the New York Bight. The Bight is a triangular indentation on the Atlantic coast bounded by New York and New Jersey. Think of it as the underwater mouth of the Hudson River.

In principle, this PEIS should identify and assess those impacts that arise from the combination of projects, over and above the individual project impacts. In fact, it does nothing of the sort. The result is simply ridiculous.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/01/16/feds-first-multi-site-offshore-wind-eis-is-ridiculous/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson