Author Topic: Trump to Judge in E. Jean Carroll Trial: I Would ‘Love It’ if You Threw Me Out of Courtroom  (Read 585 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannah Bleau Knudsen 17 Jan 2024

Former President Donald Trump told the anti-Trump judge overseeing the E. Jean Carroll trial that he would “love it” if the judge threw him out of the courtroom.

The penalty phase of Trump accuser E. Jean Carroll’s civil case against Trump kicked off this week, just as Trump comes off a historic victory in the Iowa caucuses, besting his closest rival by nearly 30 percentage points. But on Wednesday, things got heated in the courtroom after U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan essentially threatened to throw Trump out of the courtroom.

“Mr. Trump, I hope I don’t have to consider excluding you from the trial. I understand you are probably very eager for me to do that,” Kaplan said, according to reports.

“I would love it,” Trump responded. “I would love it.”

“I know you would because you just can’t control yourself in this circumstance,” Kaplan reportedly told the former president, who shot back, “You can’t either.”

The Messenger provided context to the exchange, explaining that “the warning from the judge came after Shawn Crowley, an attorney for plaintiff E. Jean Carroll, raised the issue of Trump speaking loudly enough to potentially be in earshot of the jury.”

In September, U.S. Judge Lewis A. Kaplan ruled that Trump defamed Carroll — who accused Trump of groping and raping her in a Bergdorf-Goodman dressing room in the mid-1990s —  in 2019 when he denied that he raped her.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/17/trump-to-judge-in-e-jean-carroll-trial-i-would-love-it-if-you-threw-me-out-of-courtroom/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

“I know you would because you just can’t control yourself in this circumstance,” Kaplan reportedly told the former president, who shot back, “You can’t either.”
This judge is a biased ass, but what Trump said there constitutes contempt of court. The big guy should be glad he's not spending the night at Rikers Island.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This judge is a biased ass, but what Trump said there constitutes contempt of court. The big guy should be glad he's not spending the night at Rikers Island.
You can't take the reality TV out of egotistical ass, especially when they know it will fire up their base....so yeah Trump would love it :shrug: As for me this behavior is one more reason on an already sky high pile of nope never again.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
His base loves this stuff but absolutely he is playing with a potential contempt of court charge. The judge probably doesn't have the balls to put an ex-President in jail.

This guy is exhausting. If he wins in 2024 we have 4 more years of this kind of stuff. And I cannot take Biden either.

Offline corbe

I believe Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels but I don't believe this Bi1ch.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

E Jean Carroll is a loonie.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
This guy is exhausting.

He most certainly is. It’s like dealing with a 2-year old, only Trump has a slightly larger vocabulary.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline corbe

TTIUWP:

Another one he's doing
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

Her allegations are ridiculous and completely unbelievable. Her lawyer should be sanctioned for filing a frivolous complaint.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-