Author Topic: Trump Develops Strong Relationship with North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum  (Read 808 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Develops Strong Relationship with North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum

Nick Gilbertson 17 Jan 2024

It appears former President Donald Trump and Gov. Doug Burgum’s (R-ND) relationship is strengthening, as the former president said he hopes to have the governor as a “very important” part of his administration.

Some in Trump’s orbit are even talking about him as a potential running mate or cabinet secretary, Breitbart News has learned.

During his victory speech after the Iowa Caucuses on Monday, Trump had high praise for Burgum, calling him “one of the best governors in the country” and a “solid guy.” Trump emphasized that Burgum had supported him in 2016 and 2020 before declaring he hopes to have the governor in his administration if he wins in November.

“I hope that I’m going to be able to call on him to be a piece of the administration, a very important piece of the administration,” Trump said.

Sources tell Breitbart News that Burgum flew with Trump on his luxurious Boeing 757, nicknamed “Trump Force One,” from Iowa to New York after the caucuses.

Burgum hailed from the business world before assuming the governorship in 2016 after a successful campaign he partly self-funded, as Breitbart News previously noted.  Burgum was an early investor in Great Plains Software and eventually served as its CEO before it sold to Microsoft in 2001. He then became head of Microsoft Business Solutions, the Forum previously reported.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/01/17/trump-develops-strong-relationship-with-north-dakota-gov-doug-burgum/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Trump Develops Strong Relationship with North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 05:56:08 pm »
UPDATE April 22, 2024

Ryan Fournier
@RyanAFournier
Trump is reportedly considering picking Doug Burgum to be his VP — before any decision is made, people should be aware that:

🎤 Last year, Burgum told NBC that he would *not* do business with Donald Trump, saying “it’s important that you’re judged by the company you keep.”

🏊‍♀️ In 2021, Burgum vetoed a ban on transgender athletes competing in women’s sports.

👮🏼 In 2023, Burgum vetoed a bill that required teachers to use students’ biological pronouns rather than their gender identity ones, saying teachers shouldn’t be “pronoun police.”

🏳️‍⚧️ Last summer, Burgum said he wouldn’t want to engage on “every culture war topic” if elected president — including a federal ban on biological males playing in female sports.

📚 Burgum vetoed school choice legislation last year that would have helped families send their children to private school, claiming it didn’t go far enough.

🤷🏼‍♂️ In 2021, he called for North Dakota to be carbon neutral by 2030, despite the state being a major oil producer.

🇨🇳 In 2022, Burgum supported a Chinese food manufacturing company purchasing 300 acres of North Dakota farmland to build a grain mill just 20 minutes from Grand Forks Air Force Base, which is home to some of the nation’s most sensitive military drone technology.

https://westernjournal.com/many-reasons-trump-cross-burgum-off-vp-short-list/
12:50 PM · Apr 22, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 09:29:22 pm »
I hate the foolish VP guessing games.  888mouth

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 11:21:56 pm »
Comments?

@Smokin Joe
@deb

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 11:50:41 pm »
Could be billionaire envy or a poor attempt at flattery to get Burgum to foot the election bills for Trump since most of Trump's money, and the GOP's money, is being diverted to pay for Trump's lawyers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 01:56:20 am »
   I assume talks are still ongoing to make Oprah his running mate, guaranteed reelection.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 11:25:06 am »
I do, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 12:28:56 pm »
Comments?

@Smokin Joe
@deb

Meh. I’m not a big “King Doug” fan, but would be ok with him in some position in a Trump administration. Maybe something linked to agriculture or energy. The rumors swirling around here lead me to believe he’s being tapped for something.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024, 07:10:58 pm »
Meh. I’m not a big “King Doug” fan, but would be ok with him in some position in a Trump administration. Maybe something linked to agriculture or energy. The rumors swirling around here lead me to believe he’s being tapped for something.

So he ain't all that... Is your Lt Gov any better?

I'd be mad as hell if Gianforte up and walked off... If you're all meh about it, he can't be doing much... Of middlin value...  :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2024, 10:55:48 pm »
Governor Doug Burgum: "He'd be out doing two rallies a day...when President Trump campaigns, he talks about inflation, he talks about the border...public safety...stopping the wars...it is absolutely election interference and it is so unfair to the public and to our country." (Video)

https://twitter.com/TrumpDailyPosts/status/1782542697934545075

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2024, 10:56:36 pm »

Commerce Secretary?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2024, 11:06:10 pm »
It's all part of the process.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024