Author Topic: Judge rejects Daniel Penny's bid to dismiss charge in NYC subway chokehold death  (Read 336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge rejects Daniel Penny's bid to dismiss charge in NYC subway chokehold death

Penny has pleaded not guilty to the charges in Jordan Neely's death.
ByAaron Katersky and Kiara Alfonseca
January 17, 2024, 11:34 AM
A judge denied Daniel Penny's motion to dismiss his involuntary manslaughter case over the chokehold death of Jordan Neely on a subway car.

"The Court has reviewed the cases cited by [the] defendant in light of the evidence presented and finds that, here, the evidence was legally sufficient to establish that [the] defendant acted with both recklessness and criminal negligence," Judge Maxwell Wiley said in the decision, pointing to testimony from the medical examiner that attributed Neely's death to trauma to the neck and his movements associated with death in video footage. The medical examiner determined Neely was killed by a chokehold and his death was ruled a homicide.

Penny's case will return to court on March 20. The trial will occur no earlier than the fall, the judge said.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/US/daniel-penny-returns-court-dismissal-hearing-nyc-subway/story?id=106422808
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Daniel Penny (24) put a homeless felon in a fatal chokehold to stop him from attacking people on his NY train.
Bail: $200,000
Appeal: Rejected

Jordan Williams (20) stabbed and kiIIed a homeless man to stop him from attacking people on his NY train.
Bail: $0
Charges: Dropped
8:32 AM · Jan 18, 2024
Both bravely took action to protect people from a criminal who was trying to attack innocent people. The only difference is the color of their skin.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Both bravely took action to protect people from a criminal who was trying to attack innocent people. The only difference is the color of their skin.

Penny if getting "Chauvinized".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer observes:
"Both bravely took action to protect people from a criminal who was trying to attack innocent people. The only difference is the color of their skin."

Once again, I present "Fishrrman's Dialectic":
You may not be interested in the politics of race, ethnicity, and identity.
But the politics of race, ethnicity and identity are VERY MUCH interested ... in YOU.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They are gonna f him like a tied up goat.   F NY.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.