Author Topic: PAPER: CTCS MUST ADAPT TO ‘REALITIES OF MODERN WARFARE’  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PAPER: CTCS MUST ADAPT TO ‘REALITIES OF MODERN WARFARE’
« on: January 17, 2024, 06:29:42 pm »
PAPER: CTCS MUST ADAPT TO ‘REALITIES OF MODERN WARFARE’

Thu, 01/04/2024 - 07:17

As the Army’s premier training venues for maneuver formations, combat training centers must evolve to match the realities of modern warfare, according to the author of a new paper published by the Association of the U.S. Army.

This includes wargaming pre-deployment activities with an emphasis on critical infrastructure, writes Capt. Daniel Eerhart, a psychological operations officer serving as a cyber policy, law and strategy research scientist at the Army Cyber Institute, in “Training Outside ‘The Box.’ ”

“The realities of modern warfare are that America’s principal adversaries can disrupt any step in the deployment process,” Eerhart writes. “This paper contends that the addition of an information warfare company to the opposing force (OPFOR) battalions can better prepare rotational training units at combat training centers (CTCs) for the difficulties of modern warfare.”

Wargames “are analytic games that simulate aspects of warfare at the tactical, operational, or strategic level,” according to the Rand Corp.

https://www.ausa.org/news/paper-ctcs-must-adapt-realities-modern-warfare
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: PAPER: CTCS MUST ADAPT TO ‘REALITIES OF MODERN WARFARE’
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 06:32:11 pm »
Training needs insure that most leaders are gays, trannnies, and blacks and leadership isn't based on capability.  What kind of military would that be that picks leaders on ability instead of DEI? :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson