Author Topic: Report: EPA Confirms Investigation of Huge Illegal-Immigrant City in Texas  (Read 159 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: EPA Confirms Investigation of Huge Illegal-Immigrant City in Texas

By Todd Bensman on January 8, 2024

AUSTIN, Texas — Existential troubles continue to mount for the developers of Colony Ridge, who a dozen years ago spawned what has become perhaps the largest illegal-immigrant colonia in America, just northeast of Houston.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has confirmed it is actively investigating suspected environmental crimes in the 60-square-mile “Colony Ridge” community of at least 50,000 mostly illegal immigrants created by Terrenos Houston and its owners Trey and John Harris.

The confirmation of an active EPA investigation comes by way of The Daily Wire’s Spencer Lindquist. The news arrives after the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division and the U.S. Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) filed an 11-count Christmastime fraud lawsuit alleging that Terrenos Houston grew Colony Ridge via a massive “illegal land sales scheme”. This refers to the business model that powered Colony Ridge’s stunning — and continuing — growth since about 2012, by charging double-digit interest rates on seller-financed mortgage loans without requiring the standard Social Security numbers, income tax return histories, and credit scores that any bank would require. Then mercilessly foreclosing on the flood-prone bottomland properties and flipping them to new alleged immigrant victims.

That action seeks to make financially whole tens of thousands of the buyers.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Report-EPA-Confirms-Investigation-Huge-IllegalImmigrant-City-Texas
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson