Author Topic: 100,000 New York City Apartments Gone In The Middle Of A Housing Crisis  (Read 622 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
100,000 New York City Apartments Gone In The Middle Of A Housing Crisis
©Source: Wikimedia Commons / Freepik/wirestock

Amid a housing crisis, 100,000 apartments vanished in New York City. Thousands of city dwellers are left struggling to find a place to rent. With so many buildings in such a large metropolitan area, it may seem impossible. So, what really happened to the housing market? After all, these apartments had to go somewhere.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/100-000-new-york-city-apartments-gone-in-the-middle-of-a-housing-crisis/ss-AA1n4qOb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=dba5fdf27f13425bab6a185c12afccb3&ei=53#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 100,000 New York City Apartments Gone In The Middle Of A Housing Crisis
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:25:29 pm »
Rent Control?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 11:07:25 pm »
Rent Control?
Nope, they're pointing at gentrification and greed via the following statement: "...many New York City multi-family buildings have undergone conversions. More than 100,000 units have been absorbed into others, creating larger luxury apartments. This practice leads to more comfort and space for those expanding. However, fewer apartments are available for the hungry housing market."
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 12:09:24 am »
Nope, they're pointing at gentrification and greed via the following statement: "...many New York City multi-family buildings have undergone conversions. More than 100,000 units have been absorbed into others, creating larger luxury apartments. This practice leads to more comfort and space for those expanding. However, fewer apartments are available for the hungry housing market."

I stand corrected!

Sounds like another woe to hang around the necks of people who decide to move in and improve the properties, while also spending more.  That evil Gentrification rears it's head.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: