Author Topic: Opinion: Under Biden, are illegal immigrants safe from deportation once they get past the border?  (Read 170 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Opinion: Under Biden, are illegal immigrants safe from deportation once they get past the border?
© Provided by The Hill

CATO scholar David J. Bier says Republicans want a border deal that would reduce migrant flows, but the migrant flows aren’t the problem — the border crisis was caused by politicians who restricted legal immigration. 

America has nearly 9 million open jobs and needs to support its growing retiree population. The solution is to let immigrants who want to work here come legally. 

Bier is not the first person to observe that the lack of opportunities to enter the United States legally encourages illegal border crossings. Certainly, this is a factor, but it isn’t the only one. In any case, it doesn’t explain the record-breaking increase in illegal border crossings that has occurred during the Biden presidency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/opinion-under-biden-are-illegal-immigrants-safe-from-deportation-once-they-get-past-the-border/ar-AA1n4OCt?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=dba5fdf27f13425bab6a185c12afccb3&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  needs to support its growing retiree population. 

By taking money from them and giving it to illegal aliens?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson