Author Topic: New York governor wants to spend $2.4B to help deal with migrant influx in new budget proposal  (Read 170 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

New York governor wants to spend $2.4B to help deal with migrant influx in new budget proposal
Story by By MAYSOON KHAN and ANTHONY IZAGUIRRE, Associated Press  •
18h

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said Tuesday that she wants to spend $2.4 billion to help deal with the massive influx of migrants who have overwhelmed New York City's homeless shelters — addressing a damaging political issue for Democrats in her proposed state budget.

The migrant spending plan came as part of a $233 billion budget proposal from the governor's office that will kick off months of negotiations with legislative leaders.

How the governor planned to deal with migrants, some 70,000 of whom are in the care of New York City, had been a looming question ahead of the legislative session. She did not tackle the issue in her State of the State address last week and the word “migrant” wasn't mentioned in her detailed 181-page policy plan book.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-governor-wants-to-spend-2-4b-to-help-deal-with-migrant-influx-in-new-budget-proposal/ar-AA1n4n8X?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=dba5fdf27f13425bab6a185c12afccb3&ei=16
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
All she is doing it inviting more illegals, more expensive, more crime, and less to the taxpayers of NY.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson