Author Topic: Trump/Burgum 2024?  (Read 251 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump/Burgum 2024?
« on: January 16, 2024, 09:11:32 pm »
 Trump/Burgum 2024?
by Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor - 01/16/24 1:00 PM ET

I’ve written in the past that during the early GOP presidential campaign debates, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum came across as the adult in the room. Burgum proved himself to be articulate, authentic and funny. He spoke atop a platform of vast experience and came across as presidential. And yet most Americans don’t know his name. Why?

Well, unfortunately for Burgum, most of the media — including much of the conservative media — unfairly relegated him to second-tier status in a class of candidates that included Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and even entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy. On top of that, the debate moderators for those first two debates failed to give Burgum his deserved amount of time and number of questions.

Burgum could have easily channeled the late, great comedian Rodney Dangerfield by declaring, “I tell ya, I get no respect!”

How interesting — in a poetic justice kind of way — would it be if Burgum ends up having the last laugh when it comes to that undeserved disrespect. Last Sunday, Burgum not only endorsed former President Trump for president, but became the first former Republican primary candidate for president to do so.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4411172-trump-burgum-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump/Burgum 2024?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 09:34:12 pm »
Trump/Burgum 2024?
by Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor - 01/16/24 1:00 PM ET

I’ve written in the past that during the early GOP presidential campaign debates, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum came across as the adult in the room. Burgum proved himself to be articulate, authentic and funny. He spoke atop a platform of vast experience and came across as presidential. And yet most Americans don’t know his name. Why?

Well, unfortunately for Burgum, most of the media — including much of the conservative media — unfairly relegated him to second-tier status in a class of candidates that included Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and even entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy. On top of that, the debate moderators for those first two debates failed to give Burgum his deserved amount of time and number of questions.

Burgum could have easily channeled the late, great comedian Rodney Dangerfield by declaring, “I tell ya, I get no respect!”

How interesting — in a poetic justice kind of way — would it be if Burgum ends up having the last laugh when it comes to that undeserved disrespect. Last Sunday, Burgum not only endorsed former President Trump for president, but became the first former Republican primary candidate for president to do so.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4411172-trump-burgum-2024/

Trump/Burgum?  Now that's a winning ticket.  *****rollingeyes*****
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Re: Trump/Burgum 2024?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 09:36:01 pm »
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao