Author Topic: DEI, Airplane Crashes, and Bad Medicine  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DEI, Airplane Crashes, and Bad Medicine
« on: January 16, 2024, 03:27:15 pm »
January 16, 2024
DEI, Airplane Crashes, and Bad Medicine
By J. Robert Smith

How safe are you nowadays on commercial airliners? How safe will you be tomorrow? Are airlines sacrificing safety at the altar of “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)?” Who do you want piloting the jetliner you’re on, the best, most experienced pilots or box-check hires?

Flipping the page, medical schools will graduate bevvies of DEI doctors as the decade unwinds. What if you need open-heart surgery? Cancer treatment? Won’t you need a sound diagnosis for starters? Will the most capable physicians attend you? Or will you have to settle for the right color, right gender, right sexual orientation, pick-your-pronouns person in a white lab coat?

The nation is being plagued by incompetence. Plenty of that is from lax parenting, subpar education, trophies for just showing up, and a debauched culture that discounts hard work and competence. Forget excellence.         

While that’s bad enough, DEI adds another corrosive layer. People are receiving degrees and certifications for superficialities. Merit is shunned. Standards re being dropped in too many instances and exceptions made. Victimhood is ginned up and fobbed off as part of progressive social reform.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/01/dei_airplane_crashes_and_bad_medicine_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: DEI, Airplane Crashes, and Bad Medicine
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 06:39:50 pm »
Reviving the thread to add this lengthy but well-reasoned essay:
The End of Merit in Med Schools Will Be Deadly
    By Roger B. Cohen
    April 2, 2024

The United States enjoys a reputation as a bastion of excellence and scientific rigor in medical education. Our country also leads the world in medical progress and innovation. That has not always been the case. It is hard to imagine the backwardness of American medical schools before a man named Abraham Flexner set out to transform them into institutions built on rigorous science.

Flexner was a non-physician commissioned in 1910 by the Council on Medical Education and the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching to analyze and improve a woefully inadequate medical education system. Flexner recommended closure of all but 31 of 155 American medical schools, which included 80% of the white schools (119 out of 148) and 71% of the black schools (5 out of 7).

Recently, Flexner has gone from hero to villain in the wake of the “woke” tsunami that has engulfed American medicine. In 2020, the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) stripped the reformer’s name from its prestigious Abraham Flexner Award for Distinguished Service to Medical Education. David J. Skorton, AAMC’s president and CEO, admitted that “the Flexner report recommended valuable changes in medical education, many of which still have positive impact today.” ...

Bad medical schools and poorly educated physicians, regardless of race, never benefit patients. Quite the opposite. Better schools produce the best physicians who deliver the high quality medical care that everyone should receive. To claim that Flexner was motivated by a racist desire to deplete the ranks of capable black physicians is both preposterous and slanderous.

Flexner’s idea was to impose a scientific standard of excellence on medical education.  ...

The AAMC’s DEI Competencies, issued in October 2021, details the new required social justice skills that medical students must acquire. In addition, the AAMC has discouraged the use of the rigorous Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) as a filter to help select medical students. Dozens of the 158 allopathic (MD granting) U.S. medical schools have made the MCAT optional. Several medical schools, including the prestigious University of Pennsylvania, have programs to admit students from designated “underrepresented” identity groups without requiring the submission of MCAT scores at all. The MCAT itself has been revised to include social justice questions that are easy to ace because the answers are always the same: structural racism is the cause of any group disparities that disfavor underrepresented groups. But even this re-engineered test shows persistent group disparities in test scores, which means that Asian applicants must score almost 4 times higher than black applicants to have an equal chance of admission. ...
Read more at Tom Klingenstein.com
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 06:42:58 pm »
Reviving the thread to add this lengthy but well-reasoned essay:Read more at Tom Klingenstein.com

And guaranteed poor pt outcomes as a result

And poorer pt outcomes costs lots of money. Although I suspect insurance companies and government programs will just make hospitals eat the increased costs vs dumping DEI in medicine

DEI and it's dangers need to be presented in a way to the public at large as the real threat it presents. Otherwise, the left will frame it as White supremacy opposing the advancement of women and people of color

I'm all for black and brown people pursuing a career in medicine. i oppose watering down safety and standards just to accommodate their inability to achieve that goal. How  can you discipline a DEI doctor  for malpractice?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:50:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 06:52:55 pm »
How  can you discipline a DEI doctor  for malpractice?
Will they be held to a different standard of care? Lucky for them, not so good for the patients.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 06:57:48 pm »
You don't put people in fields that they don't have the ability or competency to do

It's not a slam on people if they are not cut out for a field. I thought that was basic common sense. I would and could not be a Neurosurgeon. But I don't demand watered down standards to accommodate me

This DEI mindset is going to be difficult to remove from society and corporate America. And to think this sprouted because a black drug addled suspect fought cops and died as a result
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 06:59:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 11:57:43 am »
The Rabbit Hole
@TheRabbitHole84
Medical school acceptance rates broken down by race