Author Topic: ‘Disaggregation’ Called the Future of Naval Warfare  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Disaggregation’ Called the Future of Naval Warfare
« on: January 16, 2024, 02:49:37 pm »
ROBOTICS AND AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS

‘Disaggregation’ Called the Future of Naval Warfare
1/16/2024
By Sean Carberry   

SYDNEY — It’s Dec. 7, 2031, and a pair of Australian Air Force battle management operators are casually chatting as they monitor the control center screens. Suddenly, 1,000 incoming targets appear. The operators sound the alarms, and the fleet in the harbor engages air defenses.

However, it’s no match for the incoming missiles, aircraft and electronic deception that overwhelm the defenses and sink the ships in the harbor. Reports come in from around the country indicating similar attacks.

While fictional, that scenario was informed by Russia’s 2014 invasion of Crimea that decimated the Ukrainian navy, said Rob Sutton, managing director of Mirragin RAS Consulting, during a November presentation at the 2023 Indo-Pacific Sea Power Conference in Sydney.

Ukraine learned from its 2014 losses, adapted in preparation for Russia’s 2022 invasion and achieved more effective sea denial, he said.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/1/16/disaggregation-called-the-future-of-naval-warfare
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: ‘Disaggregation’ Called the Future of Naval Warfare
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 02:51:02 pm »
Disaggression, I believe, is what used to be called surrender or retreat. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 02:57:15 pm »
More drones, likely to be armed with lasers for instant pinpoint accuracy.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 03:12:13 pm »
Generals and Admirals may not be down with Disaggregation ... no new large toys to play with.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 03:27:34 pm »
Generals and Admirals may not be down with Disaggregation ... no new large toys to play with.

Yeah, it's pretty clear now that drones, swarms of them, are the future of war in all aspects of the "battlespace"--land, sea, air, and space.  The machines have risen!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus