Author Topic: Attacks on US troops in Iraq and Syria climb to 130  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Attacks on US troops in Iraq and Syria climb to 130
« on: January 16, 2024, 02:42:11 pm »
Attacks on US troops in Iraq and Syria climb to 130
By Meghann Myers
 Thursday, Jan 11

U.S. troops deployed to Iraq and Syria have come under attack from Iran-backed militias 130 times since Oct. 17 as of Thursday, according to the Pentagon, totaling 53 attacks in Iraq and 77 in Syria.

The drone, rocket, mortar and missile attacks have injured 69 U.S. troops, but a Pentagon spokesman said Thursday that no troops have been injured since Dec. 25.

“When it comes to U.S. forces in the region, again, we’re there for one reason and one reason only, which is the enduring defeat of ISIS,” Air Force Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder told reporters during a briefing. “And so we will continue to call on these Iranian proxies to cease these attacks, but we won’t hesitate, as we’ve demonstrated in the past, to take appropriate action to protect our forces should we need to do that.”

https://www.c4isrnet.com/news/your-military/2024/01/11/attacks-on-us-troops-in-iraq-and-syria-climb-to-130/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson