Author Topic: HSI Laredo, federal partner investigation results in a lengthy prison sentence for 2 Mexican citizen  (Read 292 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JANUARY 12, 2024LAREDO, TXNARCOTICS
HSI Laredo, federal partner investigation results in a lengthy prison sentence for 2 Mexican citizens caught importing $1M in meth

LAREDO, Texas – Two men have been sentenced to federal prison for importing over 900 pounds of meth, following an investigation conducted by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) with the assistance of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Noe De Jesus Martinez-Montelongo, 36, and Fidel Rodriguez-Saldana, 35, both from Nuevo Leon, Mexico, were sentenced by a federal judge to 235 months in prison as well. Both must also serve five years of supervised release following their terms of imprisonment. In handing down the sentence, the court noted the large amount of liquid narcotics that they were attempting to bring into the United States. Martinez-Montelongo and Rodriguez-Saldana were convicted Aug. 23, 2023, following a three-day trial.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/hsi-laredo-federal-partner-investigation-results-lengthy-prison-sentence-2-mexican
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That's no way to treat the needy illegals who are only here trying to make a better life for themselves. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Okay the sentence for time in prison is okay, but 5 years of supervised release afterwards.......really, WTF! Make them serve the full sentence and then boot their drug dealing illegal @sses back to Mexico, preferably with a small explosive charge at the base of there skull that detonates the second they recross the border. Actually I like the idea for every illegal caught in America.