Author Topic: Chicago-area Tesla charging stations lined with dead cars in freezing cold: 'A bunch of dead robots  (Read 1615 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 January 15, 2024 9:48pm EST
Chicago-area Tesla charging stations lined with dead cars in freezing cold: 'A bunch of dead robots out here'
Chicago and much of the Midwest were plunged into a deep freeze

By Louis Casiano FOXBusiness

Desperate Tesla owners in and around Chicago were seen trying to charge their vehicles with no luck amid frigid temperatures that have gripped the Midwest.

Charging stations have essentially turned into car graveyards in recent days as temperatures have dropped to the negative double digits, Fox Chicago reported.

"Nothing. No juice. Still on zero percent," Tyler Beard, who had been trying to recharge his Tesla at an Oak Brook, Illinois Tesla supercharging station since Sunday afternoon, told the news outlet. "And this is like three hours being out here after being out here three hours yesterday."

Someone pushes a Tesla at a Chicago-area vehicle charging station where many of the electric vehicles have been forced to sit amid freezing temperatures. Many of the vehicles failed to charge at stations around Chicago amid the cold weather.  (WFLD / Fox News)

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/chicago-area-tesla-charging-stations-lined-with-dead-cars-in-freezing-cold-a-bunch-of-dead-robots-out-here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

So predictable for anyone who has endured a Polar Vortex ... battery-killing cold.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DB

Reality meets hype...

Offline PeteS in CA

Batteries perform poorly in REALLY cold weather? Who knew? Evidently, not some Chicago residents, :silly: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Batteries perform poorly in REALLY cold weather? Who knew? Evidently, not some Chicago residents, :silly: .
Indeed. Funny how that works.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Am I smoking crack? You'd think that EV manufacturers would house the battery in an insulated cocoon of sorts.  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In a sane reality, this would be an early wake up call to our society, who is hell bent being stupid bending a knee to the enviro-whackos. 

As long as there is 190 proof booze, and my '07 flex fuel Nissan Titan is alive, you'll never see the title of an Effin EV at this house. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

"Nothing. No juice. Still on zero percent," Tyler Beard, who had been trying to recharge his Tesla at an Oak Brook, Illinois Tesla supercharging station since Sunday afternoon, told the news outlet. "And this is like three hours being out here after being out here three hours yesterday."

In other words, Conservatives have been right this entire time.  Maybe you can get John Kerry or Algore to drive over in the gasoline-powered Cadillac Escalade or Land Rover that they own to give you a lift.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Am I smoking crack? You'd think that EV manufacturers would house the battery in an insulated cocoon of sorts.  :shrug:

What good is insulation without a heat source?

Online DCPatriot

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1110149_tesla-model-s-battery-life-what-the-data-show-so-far
Seems like the bottom part of the chassis is entirely batteries.  I wonder if they get hot while in use.

@Jack Russell

Thanks for that link!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

Dangit, @roamer_1 .  There you go again throwing logic on the dumpster fire.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

@roamer_1

None...when you phrase it that way!   :laugh:   :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Give a man an EV and he'll be warm till the battery dies. Set the man's EV on fire and he'll be warm for 7 to 10 days.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Put an electric blanket around it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

A battery-charged one.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Oil dipstictk/Engine warmer. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

It has a lot of plastic.

A match ought to warm it up quickly...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It keeps the cold in. All summer, people could put beer in there...

The local Dominos Pizza had bought a couple of EVs (Chevy Volts) to use as delivery vehicles. They've been DOA at their shop, one towed off to a warmer place...less than two years old.

Somehow, "I tolja so" just seems insufficient.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Somehow, "I tolja so" just seems insufficient.

:yowsa:

Buy em books and buy em books...  :shrug:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Lol, my gas truck would not start today either.... Single digit temps killed my battery too.... I didn't need it, so I just left it on charge overnight.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

Lol, my gas truck would not start today either.... Single digit temps killed my battery too.... I didn't need it, so I just left it on charge overnight.

If you can't plug it in, drag the battery out and bring it inside with you. Let it get warm and it will start it fine.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well when the battery decides to go towering inferno that insulation would be great for putting even more toxic chemicals into the air :tongue2:

Online DefiantMassRINO

Growing up, we didn't have a car garage, so when the Montreal Express (local 1970s/1980s name for Polar Vortex) blew in, my parents would run the cars for 15-20 minutes every couple of hours to keep them running through the polar cold spells.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Growing up, we didn't have a car garage, so when the Montreal Express (local 1970s/1980s name for Polar Vortex) blew in, my parents would run the cars for 15-20 minutes every couple of hours to keep them running through the polar cold spells.
Isn't that what the greenies call excessive idling and now illegal in many places?