Author Topic: Cowardice of Late Night Hosts Becomes Painfully Clear: Watchdog Finds Majority of Political Jokes Hi  (Read 1063 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Cowardice of Late Night Hosts Becomes Painfully Clear: Watchdog Finds Majority of Political Jokes Hit Conservatives
Story by Samantha Chang  •
1d

Late-night talk shows are a monotonous abyss of angry left-wing trolls who spew lame "jokes" that alienate half the nation.

According to a new study by the Media Research Center, a whopping 81 percent of political jokes told on major late-night talk shows in 2023 targeted conservatives.

"Throughout all of 2023, the late-night comedians told a total of 9,518 political jokes, and of these 7,729 or 81 percent were directed at someone or something on the right side of the political spectrum," the conservative media watchdog found.

MRC analyzed all six of the major daily late-night shows from Jan. 3 through Dec. 22:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cowardice-of-late-night-hosts-becomes-painfully-clear-watchdog-finds-majority-of-political-jokes-hit-conservatives/ar-AA1mXgbA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=545a7d2f78b2476da3c35cc848085c13&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

Late-night talk shows are a monotonous abyss of angry left-wing trolls who spew lame "jokes" that alienate half the nation.

-clear-watchdog-finds-majority-of-political-jokes-hit-conservatives/ar-AA1mXgbA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=545a7d2f78b2476da3c35cc848085c13&ei=51
I could have told them the same thing for almost nothing.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

This has been true for 20 or 40 years, and it's not cowardice, it's partisan conformity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This has been true for 20 or 40 years, and it's not cowardice, it's partisan conformity.
I guess they are catering to their audience. At least all the Leftists who can figure out how to work the remote... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Really?  I couldn't tell from watching Stephen Colbert every night.

The Media Research Center is quite the brain trust.  It's good to know there are organizations that will tell me what opinions I should have.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
////00000////

Really?  I couldn't tell from watching Stephen Colbert every night.

The Media Research Center is quite the brain trust.  It's good to know there are organizations that will tell me what opinions I should have.

So Colbert is on the up and up?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Not true of Leno.  Boy did he have a field day with Klintoon, while Letterman declared he wasn’t going to stoop to such humor.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
I guess they are catering to their audience.
At least all the Leftists who can figure out how to work the remote... :shrug:

They're not catering to their audience, they're catering to their CUSTOMERS!
Never forget, if a service is free, YOU are the product!
The TV networks BUY your attention with their programming,
and SELL your attention to the advertisers.
When you watch television, YOU are what is being bought and sold!

Why do the late night talk shows keep driving away their audience?
They are serving their customers - the global corporations that sponsor the programs!
The global corporations are in turn owned in large part by giant investment firms like
BlackRock, State Street, and Vanguard.
Just those three firms own 20 TRILLION dollars worth of stock in the major corporations!
THEY are the money behind the politicians! And the media! And pretty much everything!
THEY are the directors of today's GLOBAL CORPORATE DICTATORSHIP!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline mountaineer

Not true of Leno.  Boy did he have a field day with Klintoon, while Letterman declared he wasn’t going to stoop to such humor.
Leno and Carson ribbed politicians of both parties.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Ultimately, though, Letterman did stoop, and while he was there started digging new lows.  Now he is just an unfunny rag doll.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Leno and Carson ribbed politicians of both parties.
While it's true Carson ribbed both parties, if you watch any of his shows from the Reagan years there is a much harsher edge to his 'jokes' about Reagan and the disappointment on his face when the audience showed their clear disapproval was very clear. Carson was pretty good overall but when he had a very liberal guest on his mask came off.

Online goatprairie

While it's true Carson ribbed both parties, if you watch any of his shows from the Reagan years there is a much harsher edge to his 'jokes' about Reagan and the disappointment on his face when the audience showed their clear disapproval was very clear. Carson was pretty good overall but when he had a very liberal guest on his mask came off.
I was a huge Carson fan, but you're right, at times Carson would let the mask slip. He did boast about nobody being able to tell what his politics were, so at least he was making an attempt to be fair.
 I remember he had that fraud Paul Ehrlich of "The Population Bomb" infamy on a number of times. The bug-eyed look on Ehrlich's face told me he was a fanatic.
Today's late night tv talk show hosts don't bother to try to fake impartiality. Liberals can do no wrong with these clowns.
I haven't watched any of them since Leno quit.