Author Topic: Attorney Joe Tacopina withdraws from Trump's legal team  (Read 733 times)

Offline libertybele

Attorney Joe Tacopina withdraws from Trump's legal team
« on: January 15, 2024, 10:37:52 pm »
I've lost track of how many attorney's Trump has lost.

Attorney Joe Tacopina withdraws from Trump's legal team

Former President Donald Trump on Monday lost an experienced defense attorney from his legal roster.

Joe Tacopina told ABC News, "I withdrew on all matters."

Tacopina accompanied Trump when the former president pleaded not guilty in New York last April to charges that he falsified business records stemming from his hush payment to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.

Prosecutors with the Manhattan DA's office allege that Trump engaged in a "scheme" to boost his election chances during the 2016 presidential race through a series of hush money payments made by others to help his campaign, and then "repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York business records" to conceal that criminal conduct. Trump has denied all wrongdoing.

In a letter to Judge Juan Merchan, the judge overseeing the case, Tacopina wrote, "I write to respectfully inform the Court that my firm, Chad Seigel and I hereby withdraw as counsel for Defendant Donald J. Trump in this proceeding,"............

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/attorney-joe-tacopina-withdraws-trumps-174354592.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Attorney Joe Tacopina withdraws from Trump's legal team
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 11:29:26 pm »
Trump to start calling him names in 3 ... 2 ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 12:50:53 am »
Usually, you cannot withdraw from an active case without either permission of the Court, or your client firing you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 01:55:28 am »
Usually, you cannot withdraw from an active case without either permission of the Court, or your client firing you.

The article doesn't say why he withdrew. Opinion?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 01:58:27 am »

What if your client is doing something unethical involving you?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 02:29:51 am »
What if your client is doing something unethical involving you?

You still have to ask permission to withdraw.  It can be tricky because you also aren't supposed to reveal privileged communications with your client.  But there's sort of code words you can use to give the judge a sense of why you want to withdraw, and they'll almost always grant it.

It's just that the article said he wrote a letter to "inform the Court..." that he was withdrawing, and like I said, you don't really "inform" the court as much as you ask permission and it is granted.  Especially when the client has other counsel and won't be unrepresented if the withdrawal is granted.  I'm guessing whomever wrote the article kind of left out some details.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:31:36 am by Maj. Bill Martin »