Poll

Will you Vote for Trump IF he is the Republican Nominee this year?

Author Topic: Will you Vote for Trump IF he is the Republican Nominee this year?  (Read 2395 times)

Online corbe

It begins, again, in Iowa Tonight ~ 2024.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Re: Will you Vote for Trump IF he is the Republican Nominee this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 10:02:37 pm »
I just can't bring myself to cast a vote for Trump.  I'll vote down ballot instead, if I vote at all. I've not missed an election, but I'm thoroughly disgusted with the failure of the RNC and GOP to ensure election integrity. I'm to the realization that my vote doesn't mean a darn thing. Notta.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 10:31:20 pm »
   Gracis @Jack Russell

I don't love the Cowboys, glad they lost. yogi555
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 10:40:04 pm »
Maybe if Trump has an epiphany in the months ahead by discovering that his own liberal policies not only led to a string of Republican defeats, but also completely trashed our economy, and out of that epiphany decides to adopt real Conservative policies that will put this nation back on track, then and only then will he get my vote.  But unfortunately, he has a cult of supporters who are more than happy with his current liberal policies, so there is really no incentive for him to change.

#NeverLiberal
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 10:50:12 pm »
I don't love the Cowboys, glad they lost.

Cowboys lost?  Now THAT is reason for celebration.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 12:03:40 am »
Maybe if Trump has an epiphany in the months ahead by discovering that his own liberal policies not only led to a string of Republican defeats, but also completely trashed our economy, and out of that epiphany decides to adopt real Conservative policies that will put this nation back on track, then and only then will he get my vote.  But unfortunately, he has a cult of supporters who are more than happy with his current liberal policies, so there is really no incentive for him to change.

#NeverLiberal

This pointing-up

But it aint going to happen.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 03:01:38 am »
I wish @mystery-ak could pin this to the top of the main page so we could really see how Briefers feel.  This should be an interesting poll. happy77

It's in the header....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 03:33:37 am »
I will be writing in that newly elected Argentina president

We are going to need that after either Trump or Biden
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 12:31:12 pm »
      It begins, again, in Iowa Tonight ~ 2024.

Does a bear...?

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 01:09:04 pm »
No way I'm voting for that SOB.  I'll vote down ticket, but refuse to waste the ink in the oval for Trump.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 01:20:05 pm »
Not a chance, and the decision was easy this time.  I still regret voting for him in 2020.

Hard pass on the house and senate candidates also.  They would go along with anything he demanded, and would NEVER hold him accountable.

Online LMAO

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2024, 02:20:35 pm »

Hard pass on the house and senate candidates also.  They would go along with anything he demanded, and would NEVER hold him accountable.

This is true. And any Congressional Republicans that attempted to hold him accountable or didn’t give him everything he wanted, even if they knew many of his ideas don’t work or can’t be paid for,  would risk being primaried  by his MAGAs

Nothing will stand in the way of Trump’s MAGAs getting their checks. Inflation be damned

I would never vote for Democrat. But the ideal situation as of now would be Biden to get reelected, but face a Republican Congress. The two worst situations would be Biden with a Democrat Congress, and Trump with a Republican Congress

I will add that another nightmare scenario would be Donald Trump with a Democrat Congress.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 04:05:29 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2024, 09:38:01 pm »
Voting NO for Trump a second time (just in case).

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2024, 10:06:15 pm »
Looking in our own little part of the internet, maybe we are in the minority and Trump has more support out there than I give him credit.  I know of several friends who are going to hold their noses and vote for Trump.  I just know I can't do it.
I stand by my convictions. I can only vote for a conservative or conservatism. There is no longer any room for a moderate (at best), narcissistic populist who will appease the left just to score some point for his own ego.  Trump smeared conservatism, more than once.  Game over.

Offline berdie

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2024, 10:54:06 pm »
I voted the stoner option. Right now, today, no I won't vote for Trump. However, there is plenty of time for the Dems to become even crazier this year. This could cause a "fear"  vote.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2024, 11:28:28 pm »
I took a stubborn stance in 2016. I didn't trust Donald Trump because I knew he had rubbed elbows with leftists and leftism. I assumed he'd had a convenient epiphany regarding conservatism just in time to run for president, so I wrote in the candidate I wanted as president.

By the time 2020 rolled around, I was ready to vote for him because he did a far better job than I thought he would. He was CERTAINLY the more pro-America candidate. I couldn't have known just how much damage one president + his evil party could do in less than ONE TERM. Now I'm scared spitless NOT to vote for Trump or for anyone from the right. Now that I see how frighteningly close to losing our republic we are, I'm willing to settle for a less-than-perfect candidate in hopes that it will give us another opportunity to rebuild the republic. Unless someone stops them, the Dems will push things over the edge. If anyone doesn't understand the urgency of the hour, they're not paying attention.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2024, 12:37:02 am »
I took a stubborn stance in 2016. I didn't trust Donald Trump because I knew he had rubbed elbows with leftists and leftism. I assumed he'd had a convenient epiphany regarding conservatism just in time to run for president, so I wrote in the candidate I wanted as president.

By the time 2020 rolled around, I was ready to vote for him because he did a far better job than I thought he would. He was CERTAINLY the more pro-America candidate. I couldn't have known just how much damage one president + his evil party could do in less than ONE TERM. Now I'm scared spitless NOT to vote for Trump or for anyone from the right. Now that I see how frighteningly close to losing our republic we are, I'm willing to settle for a less-than-perfect candidate in hopes that it will give us another opportunity to rebuild the republic. Unless someone stops them, the Dems will push things over the edge. If anyone doesn't understand the urgency of the hour, they're not paying attention.

The problem with your thinking is that Tumpy is not 'from the right'

Read Hegel. Really.

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2024, 12:01:09 pm »

I could've written what you wrote.

Wrote in Ted Cruz in 2016 & happily voted for Trump in 2020...

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2024, 12:10:57 pm »
The problem with your thinking is that Tumpy is not 'from the right'

Read Hegel. Really.

I don't know what you want me to find when I read Hegel. Perhaps you'll spell it out for me. You apparently believe that having Biden (or whatever Dem ends up actually running) is less of a threat than Trump. (BTW, "Tumpy" isn't a cute or clever term, even if you were a 3-year-old girl.  **nononono*)

Also, I don't believe Trump is a true conservative as many of us are. I do believe that he's FAR less dangerous as POTUS than any Democrat. We'll never get a perfect leader. We need to go with the one who'll do the republic the least amount of damage. You needn't mistake me for those full-throated Trumpsters. Instead, I'm someone who will settle for the imperfect when that's the only option we have. That said, I do admire the Energizer Bunny aspect of Trump. I would have ridden off into the sunset, especially given his age and fortune. He could have had a great life and kept the indictments at bay.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2024, 12:16:19 pm »
I could've written what you wrote.

Wrote in Ted Cruz in 2016 & happily voted for Trump in 2020...

Wrote in the same guy.  :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2024, 12:23:42 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2024, 12:33:25 pm »

A hell of a lot better than having Obama or Biden in the Oval.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2024, 04:06:14 pm »

I don't know what you want me to find when I read Hegel. Perhaps you'll spell it out for me. You apparently believe that having Biden (or whatever Dem ends up actually running) is less of a threat than Trump. (BTW, "Tumpy" isn't a cute or clever term, even if you were a 3-year-old girl.  **nononono*)

Also, I don't believe Trump is a true conservative as many of us are. I do believe that he's FAR less dangerous as POTUS than any Democrat. We'll never get a perfect leader. We need to go with the one who'll do the republic the least amount of damage. You needn't mistake me for those full-throated Trumpsters. Instead, I'm someone who will settle for the imperfect when that's the only option we have. That said, I do admire the Energizer Bunny aspect of Trump. I would have ridden off into the sunset, especially given his age and fortune. He could have had a great life and kept the indictments at bay.

Meh. All of Hegel, really, but this summed up in the Hegelian Dialectic _ Controlling both sides of the argument, and therein, the outcome.

It is not by chance that the SWAMP increased under Tumpy... His actions do not match what falls out of his mouth. He us every bit the Washington insider as any of them. Stop paying attention to the big show and look at what they don't want you to see.

Y'all are running headlong with the bit in your teeth, straight into your enemies arms.

There is NO WAY I would believe all y'all would vote for more of the greatest threat to treasure and liberty of all time - By the numbers, on the books, by his record - But you will. Because he's 'not as bad' as Biden.

It is to laugh - The race to the bottom is real. *SMH*
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 04:07:49 pm by roamer_1 »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2024, 04:13:13 pm »
A hell of a lot better than having Obama or Biden in the Oval.

@AllThatJazzZ

You do realize that if you look at the dim plank, and what Trump proposes with Freedom Cities and Bonus Babies (Potential $15T price tag) that Trump is outspending Pedo Joe?

That is why I am going with None of the Above.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.