Author Topic: A Navy In Crisis: It’s Time For The Conference Of Admirals  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Navy In Crisis: It’s Time For The Conference Of Admirals
« on: January 15, 2024, 01:01:49 pm »
A Navy In Crisis: It’s Time For The Conference Of Admirals
John Konrad
Total Views: 100732
January 13, 2024

by Captain John Konrad (gCaptain OpEd)

Today, the US Navy is experiencing two contrasting situations. On one hand, the USS Carney and other warships continue to demonstrate their power and capabilities in the Red Sea. On the other hand, it has been reported that the Navy’s latest ship, the Constellation class frigate, has been delayed by a year as ongoing schedule assessments are being conducted.

There is a one-year delay in the delivery of the first Constellation-class frigate, named the future USS Constellation (FFG-62). This delay is mainly due to workforce shortages at Fincantieri Marinette Marine in Wisconsin and numerous construction change orders. A legislative source has confirmed that an independent review of the shipyard’s delays has resulted in a new anticipated delivery date of 2027, as reported by the US Naval Institute.

This news comes just two weeks after USS Carney, the formidable Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer renowned for its role in safeguarding ships in the Red Sea last month, triumphantly returned to its base in the Persian Gulf. In a ceremony held in Bahrain, the entire crew was honored with navy combat medals for successfully neutralizing 14 unmanned drones launched by Houthi forces in the Red Sea.

https://gcaptain.com/a-navy-in-crisis-its-time-for-the-conference-of-admirals/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A Navy In Crisis: It’s Time For The Conference Of Admirals
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 01:03:33 pm »
Maybe the first thing that needs to be done is to shit can a bunch of admirals.  If they won't do that, then they need to check them out and make sure the woke ones have no input. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson