Author Topic: Johnson, suburban mayors to talk state of Chicago migrant crisis  (Read 165 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Johnson, suburban mayors to talk state of Chicago migrant crisis
The freshman mayor will meet with members of the Metropolitan Mayors Caucus at the United Center on Tuesday to plan for how to handle the more than 30,000 arrivals to the city.
By  Michael Loria and Tina Sfondeles   Jan 14, 2024, 7:00am EST

Mayor Brandon Johnson’s new “Peoples’ Plan for Community Safety” focuses on four neighborhoods long plagued by violent crime: Englewood, Little Village, Austin and West Garfield Park.Ashlee Rezin/Sun-Times

As bus operators carrying migrants from the Texas border continue dropping off new arrivals in suburbs far from Chicago’s designated “landing zone,” Mayor Brandon Johnson and other metropolitan area leaders will convene Tuesday to come up with a response.

The goal of the upcoming Metropolitan Mayors Caucus meeting is to develop a “plan for coordination and advocacy for additional support,” Johnson said in a news release. “This collaboration is essential for maintaining a humane regional response.”

More than 100 migrant buses have been dropped off outside city limits in the past six weeks, according to a Sun-Times analysis of data shared by the city, many left at train stations.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/1/14/24034437/johnson-suburban-mayors-to-talk-state-of-chicago-migrant-crisis
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 12:31:40 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Johnson, suburban mayors to talk state of Chicago migrant crisis
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 12:32:21 pm »
He will hear them, NOT LISTEN TO THEM! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson