Author Topic: Illegal Aliens Tried Buying Guns 48,000 Times In 25 Years  (Read 149 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal Aliens Tried Buying Guns 48,000 Times In 25 Years
« on: January 15, 2024, 12:26:49 pm »
Illegal Aliens Tried Buying Guns 48,000 Times In 25 Years

BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, JAN 09, 2024 - 08:40 PM
Over the past 25 years, illegal aliens have attempted to purchase firearms at gun shops just under 48,000 times - only to be denied, according to a group that monitors border security policy.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) reported on Jan. 2 that the FBI has nearly 14 million records of firearms applications that failed a national background check due to "unique prohibiting events." Of those, 47,930 denials were issued to illegal aliens according to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) between Nov. 1998 and Nov. 2023.

"While the 13.9 million unique prohibiting events cataloged in the FBI database represent events—not individual illegal aliens—the data point to large numbers of migrants in the market for firearms. Whatever the total may be, one is one too many," according to FAIR, which added that "the dangers posed by largely unvetted illegal aliens possessing firearms has been vastly exacerbated over the past three years, as the Biden administration has presided over record numbers of new illegal aliens entering our country."

"At the same time, federal policies and the proliferation of sanctuary jurisdictions that prohibit the sharing of critical law enforcement information will inevitably result in more Americans falling prey to criminal aliens.":

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/illegal-aliens-tried-buying-guns-48000-times-25-years
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson