Author Topic: Johns Hopkins dean apologizes to staff after DEI officer sent woke hit list email telling them that  (Read 2421 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Johns Hopkins dean apologizes to staff after DEI officer sent woke hit list email telling them that anyone white, male or Christian is 'privileged' - but she gets to keep her job
Story by Claudia Aoraha, Senior Reporter For Dailymail.Com  •
13h

The letter, written by Chief Diversity Officer Sherita Hill Golden, was part of the 'monthly diversity digest'. She apologized for the words

Now, the dean of the medical faculty has said he 'repudiates this language' 

Johns Hopkins' medical faculty dean has apologized to staff after a diversity, equity, and inclusion officer sent a woke hit list email labeling all white people, Christians, men and English-speakers as 'privileged'.

The letter, first posted on Twitter by End Wokeness, was written by Chief Diversity Officer Sherita Hill Golden, and was part of the 'monthly diversity digest'.

It caused commotion and outrage online - forcing the institution to apologize.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/johns-hopkins-dean-apologizes-to-staff-after-dei-officer-sent-woke-hit-list-email-telling-them-that-anyone-white-male-or-christian-is-privileged-but-she-gets-to-keep-her-job/ar-AA1mXJI2?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=98fd7c448db246ca99847b44c14907b2&ei=24
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Its a good thing she has black privilege because if she were white, that white privilege likely would have gotten her fired.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just like the Harvard president, these people need to be investigated, hounded, and driven out of their jobs, which are actually ill gotten gains
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This bullshit is getting tedious.

People who are likely only marginally qualified for their positions hounding out the competent on the basis of race, sexual orientation, etc. is just the opposite of tolerance.

If all that crap 'doesn't matter', then lets get rid of the checkboxes, statistics, and quotas and let the most qualified get the job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
An apology without sacking the racist is a slap in the face, and an indication that there are more slaps on the way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Still trying to find what advantage my white Christian "privilege" has provided.

I once applied for a job and was pleased to receive a phone call from the company - until I was told that although they thought I was well qualified and they'd like to hire me,  they really need to go with a black person.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DB

This crap is a much bigger deal than people realize. It is the basic transformation of what this country was all about.

Opportunities were based on merit and little else. You could come from anywhere and succeed with effort. Now it has morphed into the rest of the world's tribes, cast, wealth, religion, skin color, sexual preferences, etc.

That really is a fundamental change to the country. It will destroy it if it continues. Innovation comes from intelligence and hard work not much else. Innovation is what makes us all wealthier.

Offline LMAO

This crap is a much bigger deal than people realize. It is the basic transformation of what this country was all about.

Opportunities were based on merit and little else. You could come from anywhere and succeed with effort. Now it has morphed into the rest of the world's tribes, cast, wealth, religion, skin color, sexual preferences, etc.

That really is a fundamental change to the country. It will destroy it if it continues. Innovation comes from intelligence and hard work not much else. Innovation is what makes us all wealthier.

It’s a fast path to mediocrity and decline
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

That really is a fundamental change to the country. It will destroy it if it continues.
Exactly the change (and ultimate destruction) Obama was aiming for.

Offline The_Reader_David

Perhaps the most ironic thing about the woke types nattering on about "white privilege" is that the original meaning of "privilege" was "private law":  a group not subject to the same laws as the rest of society had privilege (for example, clergy in medieval Europe). The same folk claim that holding blacks to the same standards as everyone else is "racist", so they should have their own rules, i.e. privilege, in the original sense in things like college admissions, assignment of grades in academic settings, hiring practices, the way prosecutions for crimes are handled (don't bother in a lot of blue cities)...

White privilege was a thing back in the Jim Crow era, but now, black privilege is quite real, especially in places that have embraced "DEI".
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 03:33:33 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online mountaineer

Joel Berry
@JoelWBerry
The boring, white, middle-class, Christian people are the ones paying the taxes, following the rules, having the kids and actually raising them, funding city services, funding welfare programs, building businesses, hiring workers, and generally keeping society alive right now.
10:06 AM · Jan 16, 2024

Knowledge And Faith🐊🇺🇸
@LBR_TY
Makes me think of Sumner’s speech in 1883: 
“Such is the Forgotten Man. He works, he votes, generally he prays-- but he always pays--yes, above all, he pays. He does not want an office; his name never gets into the newspaper except when he gets married or dies. He keeps production going on. He contributes to the strength of parties. He is flattered before election. He is strongly patriotic. He is wanted, whenever, in his little circle, there is work to be done or counsel to be given. He may grumble some occasionally to his wife and family, but he does not frequent the grocery or talk politics at the tavern. Consequently, he is forgotten. He is a commonplace man. He gives no trouble. He excites no admiration. He is not in any way a hero (like a popular orator); or a problem (like tramps and outcasts); nor notorious (like criminals); nor an object of sentiment (like the poor and weak); nor a burden (like paupers and loafers); nor an object out of which social capital may be made (like the beneficiaries of church and state charities); nor an object for charitable aid and protection (like animals treated with cruelty); nor the object of a job (like the ignorant and illiterate); nor one over whom sentimental economists and statesmen can parade their fine sentiments (like inefficient workmen and shiftless artisans). Therefore, he is forgotten. All the burdens fall on him, or on her, for it is time to remember that the Forgotten Man is not seldom a woman.”

https://swarthmore.edu/SocSci/rbannis1/AIH19th/Sumner.Forgotten.html
10:11 AM · Jan 16, 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Future Headline:  John Hopkins has trouble recruiting qualified staff.

I weep not for failing institutions.  They prioritize Nonsense above their mission; the Nonsense becomes their mission.  The damage is self-inflicted.

As a Gen-X slacker heterosexual white Christian male deplorable of Western European descent (the villain),  I feel no obligation to institutions that have villified me over the past 30 years.  Let them fail, implode, and burn.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Speaking of how wokeness has permeated the medical field, check out this Twitter commentary from a guy who is an M.D.:
@doc_gero
I sit on a lot of hospital & system committees these days, & even co-chair one of them. As a white, straight, middle aged male I play my cards very close to my chest & typically play the role of quiet, tireless workhorse, and, when it’s called for, facilitator & consensus-builder. It’s something I do well.

This allows me a lot of leeway to sit back and surreptitiously observe contemporary office politics as they exist in typical large US medical systems today.

Some observations:

Medicine these days seems currently utterly awash in women, & of those women it’s overwhelmingly openly liberal white women (AWFLs I’ve heard them called).

They are typically quite fearlessly vocal about their leftist politics, ostentatiously sign their emails with practically extraneous but politically significant pronouns & BLM affinity statements, & increasingly enjoy making snide side comments about “Trump” at office meetings whenever they feel they can get away with it.

These women will also be the first to claim “harm” & also comically claim “oppressed” status at the first sign of even the slightest whiff of dissension (I have specific examples of this I will not share here due to my anon status).

“DEI” is, of course, also extremely fashionable in medicine, at least where I operate.

A few observations about that. So, I’ve noticed multiple clinicians in my system who have taken on the mantle of doing DEI consulting within our system, & they seem to fall into three different categories:

1) “the politically cynical DEI consultant”: these are typically younger, highly ambitious Asian women from upwardly mobile, often privileged families who see “DEI” as a stepping stone towards career success. Because they despise Republicans (and *hate* Trump) they throw themselves into the most awful aspects of it, “whiteness studies,” overt neo-Marxism, “we need present racism to fight past racism,” etc.  Typically midwits relative to their earned credentials.

2) “the capable yet reluctant DEI consultants”: these are almost always black women, typically middle aged with often impressive careers & accomplishments elsewhere in the system. I’ve heard a couple of them do “DEI” presentations & they seem to carefully craft their offerings to avoid the overly neo-Marxist or hate-whitey aspects, e.g. they seem to be trying to do “DEI without the E.” I often wonder what motivates them, & I often am quietly applauding their efforts to actually try & bring some rationality & sanity to the discussion (although I tend to think it’s a bit futile). Definitely the most sympathetic of the group.

3) “The midwit career DEI consultants”: these are a mix. I’ve seen older, middle aged black men with unimpressive careers, I’ve seen young black women who have no business in medicine in this role. I’ve also see lots of relatively empty-headed younger white women & “LGBTQIASL++etc” men as well. For this group, it simply seems to serve as a busy-work, jobs program of sorts for them.

Anyways, just some observations for today….
Last edited8:54 AM · Feb 28, 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

If Sherita Hill Golden kept her job the apologies were empty and she'll just be more circumspect as she acts out her hate.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:20:32 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

The best and the brightest is racist...

Online mountaineer

It's everywhere. Heaven help us if/when we ever need medical attention from these clowns.

Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro
1/ BREAKING: We've obtained internal emails from UCLA's medical school -- supposedly one of the best in the country. If you want to understand how DEI and anti-white, anti-American hatred have been mainlined into the medical profession, you need to see this.🧵
1:51 PM · Mar 1, 2024

These emails come from a mandatory class called "Structural Racism and Health Equity." UCLA med students are told to read about wars of “Indigenous resistance” – in which Native Americans killed thousands of white people – to “imagine what liberation could look like." ...

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1763638253507235996

Online mountaineer

Online Hoodat

An employee sends out a racist email, and still keeps her job?  Seriously?  No suspension?  No reprimand?  Really?  In 2024?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
BREAKING UPDATE: Johns Hopkins' Chief Diversity Officer Dr. Sherita Hill Golden RESIGNED from her positions at JHM

She came under fire after she sent out a "privilege hit list" that was leaked to End Wokeness in January and went viral

Dr. Hill Golden is also resigning from her prominent position as VP of Hopkins
12:17 PM · Mar 5, 2024