Author Topic: FAA recruiting applicants with 'severe' intellectual, psychiatric disabilities under DEI initiative  (Read 598 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FAA’s diversity push includes focus on hiring people with ‘severe intellectual’ and ‘psychiatric’ disabilities
The FAA says people with 'severe' disabilities are the most under-represented segment of the federal workforce'
By Emma Colton Fox News
Published January 14, 2024 3:01pm EST

The Federal Aviation Administration is actively recruiting workers who suffer "severe intellectual" disabilities, psychiatric problems and other mental and physical conditions under a diversity and inclusion hiring initiative spelled out on the agency’s website.

"Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government, as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring," the FAA’s website states. "They include hearing, vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism."

The initiative is part of the FAA’s "Diversity and Inclusion" hiring plan, which claims "diversity is integral to achieving FAA's mission of ensuring safe and efficient travel across our nation and beyond." The FAA’s website shows the agency’s guidelines on diversity hiring were last updated on March 23, 2022.

The FAA, which is overseen by Secretary Pete Buttigieg's Department of Transportation, is a government agency charged with regulating civil aviation and employs roughly 45,000 people.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/faas-diversity-push-includes-focus-hiring-people-severe-intellectual-psychiatric-disabilities
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not to be cruel, but which airports are going to have the shortbus tower crew?

Or should we just avoid flying and leave it to the 'elites'?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

I think we need as many crazy people as possible in the control towers of America's airports.   22222frying pan
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

I think we need as many crazy people as possible in the control towers of America's airports.   22222frying pan
Actually, when you consider what is running the country, what could possibly go wrong?  :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Hmm…

Employment opportunity for my autistic son?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Or should we just avoid flying and leave it to the 'elites'?

That might be the plan
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

That might be the plan
Probably is, but I was being sarcastic.

Still, with those folks in the control tower, it could get interesting at the airports near the big conferences. (all those private jets...)

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Take the Hound. Better class of people and safer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The jihad war of a THOUSAND CUTS, and clearly and openly on Americas most crucial areas of security and safety, along with aiding and abetting world jihad against America and its citizens, even arming jihadist with fully equipped Americas best military equipment. While sending our foreign enemies our money and jobs while our poor cities are closing down and people living on the streets with foreigners getting first preference to what jobs there are here. 
Still confused as to which side democrats and Biden are really on, not the pretense they play/represent at?  Who abandons Americans in their time of need like democrats do?  Afghanistan and on the streets of America?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
The times to stop playing useful fools was long ago.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 06:21:29 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions