Author Topic: Fears grow that Trump will use the military in ‘dictatorial ways’ if he returns to the White House  (Read 3782 times)

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You are as delusional,as ever.

The KINDEST thing that can be said about Dey do Ron Ron is that he is a weasel.

Ron DeSantis won his seat in Congress in 2012, reelected in 2014 and again in 2016. Trump endorsed him for governor in 2018 were he barely won which had to go to a recount .  Runs for reelection without Trump’s  endorsement and wins a nearly 20 point lopsided landslide victory

Facts are stubborn things. Whether you choose to accept them or not is to you. But facts don’t go away just because you don’t like them.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Here's my concern -- if Trump has to choose between 1) pushing and sticking to a conservative agenda but being stymied by Democrats and accomplishing little, or 2) making deals with them and then claiming victory as the President who saved America, which way does he go?

I'd bet he'd go 2) in a heartbeat.  It's exactly what he did during Covid, and it's what he was trying to do in that clip about the immigration deal he wanted to push.  He wants to be adored -- by who doesn't matter so much, and most of his supporters would rationalize any move he made anyway and still support him.

I simply don't trust him at all to stick to conservative ideals, and even less in a second term when he wouldn't have to worry about the support of Republicans for a re-election campaign.

And woe to any Republican congressman that tries to control his out of control spending and dealmaking with liberal Democrats.  We’ve seen that movie already.

And you’re right. As long as his supporters cheerlead everything he does, there would be no pressure to constrain himself. That’s why we get these ridiculous statements and proposals such as MAGA cities and MAGA breeding checks. Most people laugh at the ridiculousness of those proposals, but not his base. 

Yet let Joe Biden propose the above…
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:43:01 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

Here's my concern -- if Trump has to choose between 1) pushing and sticking to a conservative agenda but being stymied by Democrats and accomplishing little, or 2) making deals with them and then claiming victory as the President who saved America, which way does he go?

I'd bet he'd go 2) in a heartbeat.  It's exactly what he did during Covid, and it's what he was trying to do in that clip about the immigration deal he wanted to push.  He wants to be adored -- by who doesn't matter so much, and most of his supporters would rationalize any move he made anyway and still support him.

Truth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, then.  Might as well just pack it in, and cast a Protest Vote.  We can fix the process in 2028, I swear.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Well, then.  Might as well just pack it in, and cast a Protest Vote.  We can fix the process in 2028, I swear.

2028? That's quite optimistic. I'm just hoping that this country will make it to the November elections.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

2028? That's quite optimistic. I'm just hoping that this country will make it to the November elections.
If the Dems win in 2024, I can't imagine just how awful it will be in 2028. We (and our freedom) are hanging by a thread now, as it is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

If we do make it to 2024, and elect another Rat, you are correct about 2028.  But I think there are now about 3 or 4 people on TBR that are pro-Trump.  The rest have left because so many dislike Trump in a visceral way, and the attacks are personal.  (You're a liar!  No I'm not, YOU are a liar!). 

I don't know if TBR will survive until the next 'Thon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the Dems win in 2024, I can't imagine just how awful it will be in 2028. We (and our freedom) are hanging by a thread now, as it is.

And how many Briefers have declared that no way, no how are they going to vote GOP if it means Trump.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And how many Briefers have declared that no way, no how are they going to vote GOP if it means Trump.

@Cyber Liberty

And these are the people who are calling Trump Supporters delusional!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

@Cyber Liberty

Not any different than you saying you would never vote DeSantis if he was the nominee

That's your right. But don't lecture others for their choice

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

This is true.  We are hanging by a thread right now.  I still don't believe that there is any way that the left is going to allow Trump near the WH.  They aren't going to give up their power.  It's just not going to happen.  All the DEMS projecting that they are afraid of a Trump win is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Yes, I do take issue with CNN, MSNBC and others for cutting into Trump's victory speech last night -- that indicates hate more so than fear IMO.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not any different than you saying you would never vote DeSantis if he was the nominee

That's your right. But don't lecture others for their choice

@LMAO

You  have a right to vote for Howdy Doody (DeSanctimonious) if you want. I may ridicule you,but I wouldn't stop you if it were within my power to do so.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is true.  We are hanging by a thread right now.  I still don't believe that there is any way that the left is going to allow Trump near the WH.  They aren't going to give up their power.  It's just not going to happen. All the DEMS projecting that they are afraid of a Trump win is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Yes, I do take issue with CNN, MSNBC and others for cutting into Trump's victory speech last night -- that indicates hate more so than fear IMO.

ROFLMAO!

BOO!

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You  have a right to vote for Howdy Doody (DeSanctimonious) if you want. I may ridicule you,but I wouldn't stop you if it were within my power to do so.

So if RDS was the nominee, you would vote for him?

Barry Goldwater

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Cyber Liberty

I prefer to think of it as stating facts, even if somehow Trump overcame all the conservatives he ran off with his childishness, lies and churlish insults, democrats who vote in lockstep and the cheating....America still loses because Trumpinstein the Orange still has no clue how our Republic works or what the Constitution says and means. It would be four years of a lame duck cluck who never learned how to build a coalition and get laws passed, he will forever be the reality TV star who says 'your fired'.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So if RDS was the nominee, you would vote for him?

@LMAO

Not a chance.He is just one more back-stabbing political weasel,and I want change.

The ONLY  career politician that I can think of off the top of my head that I would vote for would be Ted Cruz,and he ain't running for President. Even then,he would have to make public some of his personal history before I would vote for him because it would eliminate ANY chance of blackmail being held over his head.

BTW,AFAIAC,that would be true of ANYONE running for public office these days. Face it,everybody with a pulse has made what some would see as a bad move/mistake  at one point or another in their lives,and "clearing the air" would remove ANY chance of blackmail being held over them when critical votes are being cast.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:49:57 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I prefer to think of it as stating facts, even if somehow Trump overcame all the conservatives he ran off with his childishness, lies and churlish insults, democrats who vote in lockstep and the cheating....America still loses because Trumpinstein the Orange still has no clue how our Republic works or what the Constitution says and means. It would be four years of a lame duck cluck who never learned how to build a coalition and get laws passed, he will forever be the reality TV star who says 'your fired'.

@GtHawk

Ok,to sum it up,you would vote for some career pol that is capable of being blackmailed before you would vote for a non-career politician that would probably be proud of sexual exploits with models and actresses,and smile when accused?

PLUS,the FACT that he Trump  will be the ONLY candidate that won't start campaigning for re-election the same day he is sworn into office is all the "charm" I need for a Presidential candidate.

Trump won't be making decisions and signing bills for personal profits or to help him get re-elected because he can't run again after the upcoming term,and because nothing is as important to him as how he gets written up in the history books.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Not a chance.He is just one more back-stabbing political weasel,and I want change.

The ONLY  career politician that I can think of off the top of my head that I would vote for would be Ted Cruz,and he ain't running for President. Even then,he would have to make public some of his personal history before I would vote for him because it would eliminate ANY chance of blackmail being held over his head.

BTW,AFAIAC,that would be true of ANYONE running for public office these days. Face it,everybody with a pulse has made what some would see as a bad move/mistake  at one point or another in their lives,and "clearing the air" would remove ANY chance of blackmail being held over them when critical votes are being cast.

Then  how can you lecture those who won’t vote for Trump?

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Then  how can you lecture those who won’t vote for Trump?

@LMAO

Easy-peasy. You people are as emotional AND as rational as a teen-age girl when it comes to Trump.

You want "change",but refuse to even consider the ONLY non-career politician running,and the ONLY candidate that CAN'T start running for re-election by cutting deals beginning with his first day in office.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Easy-peasy. You people are as emotional AND as rational as a teen-age girl when it comes to Trump.

You want "change",but refuse to even consider the ONLY non-career politician running,and the ONLY candidate that CAN'T start running for re-election by cutting deals beginning with his first day in office.

You don’t understand the term hypocrisy, do you

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You don’t understand the term hypocrisy, do you

@LMAO

I'm not the one struggling with reality.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

I'm not the one struggling with reality.

Ok
I guess I don’t know what that has to do with the definition of hypocrisy, but knock yourself out I guess

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

Report: Establishment Plots Military Coup Against Donald Trump if Reelected

Milley already laid the groundwork for a coup against Trump. Milley was plotting with China to either replace Trump, or to make him irrelevant. Milley, in his position as Joint Chiefs of Staff, set himself up with China that THEY would decide what Donald Trump does militarily. Milley in many respects, placed himself and China 'above' POTUS.

Yeah right.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DB

Are we going from Banana Republic to Banana Split?

Could be Banana Fosters...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 05:22:31 pm by DB »