Author Topic: Fears grow that Trump will use the military in ‘dictatorial ways’ if he returns to the White House  (Read 3681 times)

Offline mountaineer

Sounds to me like the left is plotting their preemptive insurrection.
Fears grow that Trump will use the military in ‘dictatorial ways’ if he returns to the White House
Among those being mentioned for Trump’s secretary of defense are Christopher Miller, who served temporarily during his administration, Michael Flynn and Mike Pompeo.
Jan. 14, 2024, 7:00 AM EST
By Peter Nicholas, Katherine Doyle, Megan Lebowitz and Courtney Kube

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump is sparking fears among those who understand the inner workings of the Pentagon that he would convert the nonpartisan U.S. military into the muscular arm of his political agenda as he makes comments about dictatorship and devalues the checks and balances that underpin the nation’s two-century-old democracy.

A circle of appointees independent of Trump’s political operation steered him away from ideas that would have pushed the limits of presidential power in his last term, according to books they’ve written and testimony given to Congress. Most were gone by the end. In a new term, many former officials worry that Trump would instead surround himself with loyalists unwilling to say no.

Trump has raised fresh questions about his intentions if he regains power by putting forward a legal theory that a president would be free to do nearly anything with impunity — including assassinate political rivals — so long as Congress can’t muster the votes to impeach him and throw him out of office. ...

Now, bracing for Trump’s potential return, a loose-knit network of public interest groups and lawmakers is quietly devising plans to try to foil any efforts to expand presidential power, which could include pressuring the military to cater to his political needs.

Those taking part in the effort told NBC News they are studying Trump’s past actions and 2024 policy positions so that they will be ready if he wins in November. That involves preparing to take legal action and send letters to Trump appointees spelling out consequences they’d face if they undermine constitutional norms.

“We’re already starting to put together a team to think through the most damaging types of things that he [Trump] might do so that we’re ready to bring lawsuits if we have to,” said Mary McCord, executive director of the Institution for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown Law.

Part of the aim is to identify like-minded organizations and create a coalition to challenge Trump from day one, those taking part in the discussions said.  ...
NBC News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
MS(NBC) gaslights again.  And again...and again.

For someone who would invoke such heinous acts, Trump sure kept military action at bay during his adminstration.  Outside zapping a few terrorist leaders , things were pretty quiet.

Believe me, there are plenty of things not to like about Trump, but this isn't one of them   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

Sounds to me like the left is plotting their preemptive insurrection.

Yep.  Whatever heinous acts they predict others of doing, they are already making plans to do themselves.  How else would they get the idea unless they were already thinking about it? 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Yep.  Whatever heinous acts they predict others of doing, they are already making plans to do themselves.  How else would they get the idea unless they were already thinking about it?

Exactly!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Consider he did not even declare an emergency and send troops to quell rioting in cities (often leftist cities) across America, he sure didn't do very well using the military in 'dictatorial ways' when the opportunity presented and public sentiment would have backed it. :shrug:

That said, the wall will be completed when it is time to keep US IN.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
MS(NBC) gaslights again.  And again...and again.

For someone who would invoke such heinous acts, Trump sure kept military action at bay during his adminstration.  Outside zapping a few terrorist leaders , things were pretty quiet.

Believe me, there are plenty of things not to like about Trump, but this isn't one of them

There were times where Trump should have done more, and didn't.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump didn’t even do it when antifa was burning down the country.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
ROFLMAO!

The reason they "fear" this is because it is what THEY want to do,because it will insure there are no more elections.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat  @mountaineer

BINGO!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He's got no one to blame but himself..you shouldn't announce that you are going to be a *dictator* on day one.!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 01:40:31 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's got no one to blame but himself..you shouldn't announce that you are going to be a *dictator* on day one.!!

That, and his stupid statements leading up to and on January 6.  He's handed them the rhetorical ammo that lets them get away with this.

"That's just the way he talks" is a crappy excuse.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 02:09:08 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

Trump didn’t even do it when antifa was burning down the country.

That is one reason why I cannot and will not vote for him.  He could have declared the Insurrection Act, but no, he was afraid of taking that action costing him the election.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 02:10:50 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

There’s not enough people in military to go along with his dictatorship

This is the same “President so and so will declare some type of martial law so they can remain president” type nonsense I heard when GWB and BHO  were president
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

That, and his stupid statements leading up to and on January 6.  He's handed them the rhetorical ammo that lets them get away with this.

"That's just the way he talks" is a crappy excuse.

He’s his own worse enemy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

He’s his own worse enemy

It's funny - basically the only issue the Democrats really have is January 6.  And Trump handed it to them on a silver platter.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It's funny - basically the only issue the Democrats really have is January 6.  And Trump Pelosi/FBI handed it to them on a silver platter.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It does NOT matter what Trump will want when POTUS if he were to get elected.  You think his hands were tied in his first term, just wait for the gridlock of term 2.  I tell you, he will be the worst lame duck POTUS ever.  Three months in and he will be asking himself why he did this to himself.

And that is if he can get past the election fixing of ones and zeroes.  I doubt he will.  Even if 90% of the country voted for him, once someone plays with the ones and zeroes, not much one can do.  And the SCOTUS will remain as spineless as ever and not touch anything remotely associated with a tainted federal election.

FOUR MORE YEARS OF BIDEN.  EXPECT IT!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It does NOT matter what Trump will want when POTUS if he were to get elected.  You think his hands were tied in his first term, just wait for the gridlock of term 2.  I tell you, he will be the worst lame duck POTUS ever.  Three months in and he will be asking himself why he did this to himself.

And that is if he can get past the election fixing of ones and zeroes.  I doubt he will.  Even if 90% of the country voted for him, once someone plays with the ones and zeroes, not much one can do.  And the SCOTUS will remain as spineless as ever and not touch anything remotely associated with a tainted federal election.

FOUR MORE YEARS OF BIDEN.  EXPECT IT!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

@jafo2010

And DeSanctimonious or someone else would not have these problems?

Offline LMAO

@jafo2010

And DeSanctimonious or someone else would not have these problems?

Maybe they would. Or maybe not.

But we know for a fact and history, Trump will

You Trump sycophants forget that we have a four-year record already to base our judgment on. You act as if this is his first time running.

Many of the economic problems we’re experiencing got their start during the Trump administration. Biden is only accelerating them

I think I’ll pass on the continuation of the Obama/Trump/Biden era
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 02:16:42 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

There’s not enough people in military to go along with his dictatorship

This is the same “President so and so will declare some type of martial law so they can remain president” type nonsense I heard when GWB and BHO  were president

Yes, the military would never go along with this.  Nor would the Supreme Court or Congress.  Despite that, you see people on both the left and right predicting it will happen if the election does not go their way.

Offline LMAO

Yes, the military would never go along with this.  Nor would the Supreme Court or Congress.  Despite that, you see people on both the left and right predicting it will happen if the election does not go their way.

This election is shaping up to be more about which side can scare voters more  and owning the other side

It’s not about the problems facing this country or issues. We’re looking at two men who have been part of our problems running against each other

And whoever wins, the loser and their supporters will not accept the results

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

And with the current top candidates the country will continue its rapid decline no matter who wins.

Offline LMAO

And with the current top candidates the country will continue its rapid decline no matter who wins.

So you don’t believe that Trump is “obsessed with going down in the history books as the president that saved America”  wink777

Barry Goldwater

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't see what they are afraid of, now that Slo Joe has hollowed out the Military with Wokeness.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Establishment Plots Military Coup Against Donald Trump if Reelected

Wendell Husebø 15 Jan 2024

The establishment is reportedly in the beginning stages of plotting what appears to be a military coup against former President Donald Trump if voters reelect him as commander-in-chief.

The plot highlights the extent to which the establishment fears Trump’s potential return to power. If Trump wins reelection, he vowed to deconstruct the administrative state — the apparatus of unelected bureaucrats who create binding rules with, without, or against the law.

“Bracing” for Trump’s victory amid positive polling, the coup would appear under the guise of Trump allegedly converting “the nonpartisan U.S. military into the muscular arm of his political agenda,” NBC News reported Sunday.

The establishment worries “there may be nothing stopping a president from mobilizing the military to intervene in elections, police American streets or quash domestic protests” and that “the military’s role is unique in that soldiers and sailors are trained to obey the commander-in-chief but are told not to follow illegal orders.”

The establishment’s reported coup includes “legal action” against Trump and “quietly devising plans to try to foil any efforts to expand presidential power, which could include pressuring the military to cater to his political needs.”

“We’re already starting to put together a team to think through the most damaging types of things that he [Trump] might do so that we’re ready to bring lawsuits if we have to,” Mary McCord, executive director of the Institution for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown Law, told NBC News.

“He’s going to be one creative motherf—– when it comes to trying to figure out how to abuse it [power]. Whatever your guess is, open up your imagination a little more,” Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA) told the outlet.

“He’s a clear and present danger to our democracy,” added William Cohen, a former Republican senator from Maine and defense secretary in the Clinton administration. “His support is solid. And I don’t think people understand what living in a dictatorship would mean.”

Republicans are highly critical of the plot, suggesting it would be an unconstitutional coup against the president. “NBC reports the left is plotting ways to have [the] military not be under civilian control,” Fox News contributor Molly Hemingway posted on X. “This dangerous and unconstitutional usurpation of power is being framed by NBC as good because it will undermine Trump if he is freely and fairly elected by Americans.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/15/report-establishment-plots-military-coup-against-donald-trump-if-reelected/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34